• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Comm Bank Series - Aus, Ind & SL ODI's***

Spark

Global Moderator
Reckon SL would have chased basically any target we could have set them tonight...270 or 300ish wouldn't have made a difference imo, our bowling has, yet again, just been too ****ty.
They've been on track for 350-odd all night. You can't defend anything with bowling like this.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's ridonculous that Starc was dropped from the squad, he regularly looked the most dangerous in his first spell. Early wickets would have been v handy.

Spikey

They've been on track for 350-odd all night. You can't defend anything with bowling like this.
what about 550?

Would be bowling dussey instead of watson. i mean we're gonna feel like a dick if watson hurts himself bowling right now

Ruckus

International Captain
bring back starc
Unlike much of our recent test selection problems, I don't actually think there are many options out there that would improve our attack compared to the one chosen for this match. Pretty much just a case of SL having a better team atm (or at least one in better form). Although I would be keen to try someone like Lyon over Doherty...he does an ok job, but surely we can do better?

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Nice touch by Sanga to close the show. The way Pattinson and Watson, in particular, have been dealt with by SL must be pretty demoralising to the Aussies.

Spark

Global Moderator
Flogging. Wonder if it's worthwhile playing Clarke on Thursday even if "fit" considering we have a tour starting next week.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well I do remember predicting that come this time of the summer, Australian players would be dropping like flies given how much cricket we're playing.

One can only imagine that we'll be lucky to field a full-strength XI come the 1st Windies Test.

pup11

International Coach
Yep. Big miss.
Think Bollinger has played his last game for Australia given his recent injury record and emergence of other young fast bowlers, I admit the bowling hasn't been that good this series but the team think tank has to take some blame for that as well.

Through the series we haven't had any clarity regarding who our best bowlers are and what role each of them has in the team and this constant musical chairs for bowling spots hasn't helped the confidence of the bowling group.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Funny little series.

Twice now there have been two centurions from the same team, and both times they have lost.
Also a hatrick in a losing cause. I guess the first is a lot more rare than the second.
Not sure about the first case, but Dan Christian's is the 4th losing hat-trick in ODI cricket.

All relatively recently.

3rd ODI: Zimbabwe v Bangladesh at Harare, Aug 2, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo - Hossain - 6 off the last ball to lose though

2nd Match: Australia v New Zealand at Hobart, Jan 14, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo - Bond

26th Match, Super Eights: South Africa v Sri Lanka at Providence, Mar 28, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo - Malinga's 4

12th Match: Australia v Sri Lanka at Melbourne, Mar 2, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo - Christian

pup11

International Coach
Well I do remember predicting that come this time of the summer, Australian players would be dropping like flies given how much cricket we're playing.

One can only imagine that we'll be lucky to field a full-strength XI come the 1st Windies Test.
Nothing can be done about that when the players themselves don't want to rest, they have been throwing a fit at the very mention of being rested.

Spark

Global Moderator
Apparently Mahela said he'd happily pay 10% of his match fee... if he gets paid :laugh:

What a legend

Spikey

Jayawardene: "I have been fined and if I get paid I shall give them 10 percent."

Yes