• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Blast 2023

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He was pretty rubbish again last night, but he wasn't alone. It was a 200 pitch and the batsmen couldn't even get to 150. This is an abysmal T20 side, but a half decent FC one and I'm looking forward to the return to red ball when McAndrew will come back in to the team. It was a shame we took Smith on for 3 games because we needed a seamer who could take wickets far more than a middle order batsman.
Think that's a good summary. From a distance Sussex seem a team with pretty good batting but a somewhat ropey pace bowling attack outside of Robinson obviously and now that he's there McAndrew

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm traditionally a Yorkshire fan but I've enjoyed getting behind Surrey's meme top order of aggressive FC #8s with nosebleeds. It's the sort of thing people thought might work in the early days of T20 but never really did, so I've weirdly enjoyed that it's kind of worked so far here.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Kent playing tonight, what could go wrong? Oh, Sam Cook gets a hat trick. Predictably, phone-it-in Billings was the middle part of the sandwich.

Molehill

International Captain
17,000 at Lord's last night for 2 of the worst T20 sides in the competition (is that more than were at The Oval?). Sussex proving slightly less inept than Middlesex and scrambling over the line.

Doull made a very good point, what cost Middlesex was taking a single off the last ball of the penultimate over and leaving the set Eskinazi at the non-striker's end. Would you rather need 12 off the final over with a set batsman facing or 11 with the new guy just in on strike?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
17,000 at Lord's last night for 2 of the worst T20 sides in the competition (is that more than were at The Oval?). Sussex proving slightly less inept than Middlesex and scrambling over the line.

Doull made a very good point, what cost Middlesex was taking a single off the last ball of the penultimate over and leaving the set Eskinazi at the non-striker's end. Would you rather need 12 off the final over with a set batsman facing or 11 with the new guy just in on strike?
@Spikey

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm watching the live stream of Somerset vs Surrey, and I have to say that the Somerset attack looks every bit as good as @grecian has been telling us. The two young home-town commentators are very fair, but I was absolutely shocked to hear them discussing their trips to see The Wurzles in concert. Not just that The Wurzles are still around, but that a couple of youngsters are willing to live up to the West Country stereotype by going to see them and actually enjoying the experience. Anyway, Surrey's score is currently looking slightly under-par due to the quality of the bowling, albeit with wickets in hand at this stage.

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Blast and English domestic is cricket is rubbish according to this place.

Lancashire with Buttler Livingstone Mitchell De Grandhomme and Salt pretty comfortably beaten by Durham who's best players were surplus to requirements at Middlesex and Kent.

Almost like plucky county players are underrated.
Not for much longer , when I get my ten bobs worth of comments in . Would love to see a few IPL teams on a cold night at CLS :D

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Funnily enough I thought we were in the Blast thread. I just got carried away.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That’s a worry mind. I get that a lot and I’m definitely on the brink of senile

here is a stream if anyone would like to join in our t20 chat on lancs v Durham