• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Blast 2023

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
That was some shot for six there by Sams off Sodhi

21 off 12 needed

hardly been a reverse sweep all day

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
I can’t believe that catch

TKC takes a diving catch down short third man, low to his left full length and it’s all over

Sams thought he had another 4

SOMERSET are the deserved T20 Champions by 14 runs

15 wins out of 17 games played this season

Owzat

U19 Captain
Well butch has just answered my question re soft signals

it’s ok in domestic cricket but no longer allowed at international level

cheers butch lad if you are reading here
they need to get rid of "umpire's call", the farce that means if a batsman is given out then any "umpire's call" means he will stay that way, but same delivery and the umpire gives it not out and it's reviewed by the bowler than it is not out.........

bet if they analysed DRS decisions they'd find a heap of LBWs on almost identical trajectories to others and split out and not out, go figure

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
they need to get rid of "umpire's call", the farce that means if a batsman is given out then any "umpire's call" means he will stay that way, but same delivery and the umpire gives it not out and it's reviewed by the bowler than it is not out.........

bet if they analysed DRS decisions they'd find a heap of LBWs on almost identical trajectories to others and split out and not out, go figure
This is an interesting question and really comes down, at least in my own mind, to how accurate the ball tracking is. I do not recall seeing any statistics on this - perhaps others have.
If we are talking 90%+ probability of accuracy for balls in the ‘umpires call’ zone then we could indeed go for a binary in/out for drs lbws.