• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2018-19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
after the 2nd over, the Stars RR wasn't better than the RRR until the end of the 12th (the over prior to Stonis getting out) , and the RRR was still 7.12 at that point (the original RRR was 7.21). The openers preserved wickets but what for? they had to score runs not preserve wickets. the openers ****ed up imo.
The logic was that preserving wickets made it easier to hit out. They should've showed more urgency after about 8-9 overs probably, but I don't think the choke was their fault.

Spikey

The logic was that preserving wickets made it easier to hit out. They should've showed more urgency after about 8-9 overs probably, but I don't think the choke was their fault.
I don't actually think they intended for that to happen (preserving wickets to make it easier for everyone else), they just couldn't actually make a dent into the RRR, but surely they then get a bit of blame for that. At the exact moment Stonis got out I'm pretty sure the RRR was higher than the original RRR. that's not good. After a 12 over opening stand the middle order should have been coming into a RRR of 6 or less.

Spikey

I don't actually think they intended for that to happen (preserving wickets to make it easier for everyone else), they just couldn't actually make a dent into the RRR, but surely they then get a bit of blame for that. At the exact moment Stonis got out I'm pretty sure the RRR was higher than the original RRR. that's not good. After a 12 over opening stand the middle order should have been coming into a RRR of 6 or less.
yes the middle order shouldntve lost 6/19 or whatever, but they should have come into a better platform, particularly when the opposition has actually got a good death bowler (Gurney)

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Sunday afternoon on one of the worst T20 pitches in the country with a team choking in chasing just 145 is about what the BBL final deserved this season.

Spikey

no it's a reference to "the Giant Panda", as Dan incorrectly calls Andreza the Giant Panda. Speedball Mike Bailey explains:

Mike Bailey (マイク•ベイリー)@SpeedballBailey
Today was the Muscle Mania show in Sumo Hall, there was a rumble to become the newest member of a very famous boy band because they had to fire someone for being involved in a *** scandal and the Panda won but he got fired at the end of the show because of his own *** scandal

Spikey

Corey Graves will go on a twitter rampage about how he gets attacked for his affair while Andreza the Giant Panda wins hearts around the world