• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League 2017/18

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daniel Cherny@DanielCherny
28m28 minutes ago
I'm told Peter Handscomb has requested to keep against the Scorchers tonight. Not sure whether he will though. Stars had planned for Dunk.

lol

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
28m28 minutes ago
I'm told Peter Handscomb has requested to keep against the Scorchers tonight. Not sure whether he will though. Stars had planned for Dunk.

lol
Sure hope Peter uses his Hands to do something, anything this summer and not Comb.

Sad.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
28m28 minutes ago

lol
Dunk is a much better keeper. I like Handscomb but they should tell him to GAGF.

Spikey

honestly can't believe Perth gets a home boxing day match again. This is something the PA should have tried to prevent during the CBA stuff.

Gnske

Why not? The last thing we want to see on boxing day is two Sydney teams play like ****.

I like this

Spikey

it's more that it means some team has to fly 4 hours to perth on xmas day, and look as evil as the Stars are, that's still kinda **** for them

Spikey

He timed the jump wrong for the second 'catch' (in fact I'm not sure he even needed to leap) but the pom got out next ball anyway. shocking

TheJediBrah

He timed the jump wrong for the second 'catch' (in fact I'm not sure he even needed to leap) but the pom got out next ball anyway. shocking
That was really weird from Luke Wright. Nearly popped one to mid-off playing a half-hearted shot then did it just 2 balls later to the exact same ball.

TheJediBrah

And wtf was Maxwell doing? Backed away from every ball he faced trying to flay them over point or something

This is why I follow the Gades

Gnske

Johnson genuinely looks like he could still bowl at a Test level
Yeah definitely.

It's a shame he was so very weary of everything that the day/night test that season wasn't enough incentive to hang one just for one more test. Let alone go on like he very would could have.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah definitely.

It's a shame he was so very weary of everything that the day/night test that season wasn't enough incentive to hang one just for one more test. Let alone go on like he very would could have.
Yeah, physically he still looks absolutely fine, and there's never been any questions about his stamina. He just cbf with the pitches that were being served up.

Hard to argue with his assessment either, on today's showing.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Johnson genuinely looks like he could still bowl at a Test level
It is always harder to tell with fast bowlers than other players, just because of how much easier bowling fast for four overs in day is than bowling fast for twenty, but .... yeah, if CWPL was a real-life competition I'm sure he'd still get picked pretty early.

Last edited: