• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 12 - 2022/23

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah, that's right. I could've made it much more easily understood and saved word count by saying 'old rule'.

The playing area was named because that's where the playing is done. The bit over that is the crowd. One side is for cricket, the other side is for drinking. Works much better if you define it as such and don't mix the two.

I'd go full under 8s tantrum and refuse to walk off if I was out to that Neser effort. I'd lose all rationality. That is so far off what constitutes, or should constitute a catch.

Out of lack of memory, what sort of examples were there of legit catches being overturned previously?
Just the normal ‘catch it and throw it up as you’re going over the boundary’ ones. The ones where the fielder doesn’t have time to take a step back inside the boundary before completing the catch wouldn’t be out. I think some of those can ‘look’ or ‘feel’ like they should be out because the ball never actually crosses the line of the boundary. I’m not really bothered whether we go back to those not being legit or not though personally.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another day, another BBL game of batsmen having no idea how to play Dooley even though he does the same thing every ball

It's ****ing insane. They keep thinking he's going to turn it the other way for some reason

ashley bach

International Captain
Very seldom the leading wicket taker in the tournament gets the axe, hopefully Henry Thomas Raphael James York Thornton can find his stride again.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't hate Matt Short's bowling but not sure why he needs to bowl 3 overs in the first 10, especially when he's copped some tap. They do have other options

ashley bach

International Captain
Strikers a bit of a mystery, they have the leading wicket taker, the leading run scorer, and Rashid to boot, yet they're on a big losing streak.