• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh vs West Indies

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Originally posted by marc71178
103-1 off 25.4 overs - some very good bowling from Rafique (6-0-13-0) and Rahman (5.4-0-13-0), but without the wickets, WI can still make 280+ ( I guess Powell may move up the order...)
Good Call.. 281/5
Gayle 73, Samuels 77, Powell 36* (28)
Rafique 1/45, Rahman 1/32 and Manjural Islam follows his 10-3-20-1 with 0-77...

Bazza

International 12th Man
And not looking good for Bangladesh with the bat either (again!) - that bloody Drakes has taken 4-20 in 8 overs to leave them 54-4 from 16.

Isam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by Gotchya
Ofcourse not. Its early days yet nobody expects them to preform too well. But they have to learn thats important. I notice ur a staff member, what are you doing ?:)
was that meant for me?

Isam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by Samin
Just why was Marlon Samuels given not out when he was clearly run out? How the hell was it a dead ball? To think that the West Indies at that stage had scored only 80 odd runs from 27 overs with 2 wickets down!
its reported that the match referee not the 3rd umpire made the decision to declare it a DEAD ball. but TV replays showed that Marlon could have run.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another good bowling performance by Drakes and Gayle. Didn't someone say that Gayle doesn't take wickets against the weaker teams?;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Another good bowling performance by Drakes and Gayle. Didn't someone say that Gayle doesn't take wickets against the weaker teams?;)
3 wickets ok, but that's 3 for the series...all of which have come from the one innings...anyway I said that when he still had not taken any wickets after the 2nd game :lol: so stop being tight! :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
3 wickets in 19 overs, that's a strike rate of 38 - not bad for a back-up bowler who isn't expected to bowl his full ration!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn good show by Kapali, 89* off 93 balls. His leg spin hasn't had the same degree of success, but still a fine showing!

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
One question just ringing for an answer is:
Who will go when Lara gets back, by the looks of it , Ganga, Ricardo Powell or Wavell Hinds' places are at risk when Hooper and Lara come back.

Eclipse

International Debutant
I would say Ganga.

I think Hinds needs to stay hes been in good form.

It would also be very hard to leave out Powell.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganga because Powell has impressed and Hinds will stay as the WIndies selectors see him as part of the opening partnership with Gayle for a while yet, even though he hasn't been in great form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you drop Ganga for Lara, you still need to drop someone else to accomodate Hooper. It'd have to be either Powell or Hinds.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
So you drop Ganga for Lara, you still need to drop someone else to accomodate Hooper. It'd have to be either Powell or Hinds.
I know Hooper's the captain but...still I doubt he could have done as well as Powell ;) Why not try playing without him and get someone else to captain...he ain't really done much as a captain yet :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As an outsider, I think he's done well as captain, when you consider what he's had to work with, and his batting has been top drawer as well.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Actually if you look at Hooper's test stats you'll see he has averaged something near to 50 with the bat and has been fairly consistent, but I agree that Powell should be given a spot in the one-day team, but the way its looking it is going to have to be Wavell's spot in the ODI lineup but not in the test lineup although he (Powell) deserves a shot at test cricket as well... This would be a very good lineup for the WC for the WI:
Gayle
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
R.Sarwan
B.Lara
M.Samuels
R.Powell/C.Hooper
R.Jacobs
V.Darkes
M.Dillon
D.Ramnarine
R.King

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Chanderpaul opening?
Yeah, he's done it before. I just wonder why Drakes bats so low, from what I've seen he's a useful if inconsistant bat.