• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh vs West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't put Chanders to open. He's played well down the order in recent times. Why not give Jacobs another shot at opening. He did really well in that spot against Aus and in the 99 WC. It will also give a better chance to bat because these days he only gets 10 to 20 balls to bat and therefore has to go for it and his average suffers.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Who's been opening? It was Wavell wasn't it? I didn't think he'd done that bad? Anyway yeah that does look like a strong side, but Hooper is captain right so he won't get dropped. Also not sure about the last 2 - they haven't done much of note.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Isam
Originally posted by Gotchya
Ofcourse not. Its early days yet nobody expects them to preform too well. But they have to learn thats important. I notice ur a staff member, what are you doing ?:)
was that meant for me?
Yes Isam, sorry i didn't notice this before ! so what ya do ?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The West Indian batting looks sorted out for some time, I guess. It is the lack of support for Dillon that's worrisome. Their fielding in recent times, especially the catching has been poor and that's one area they have to improve if they are to rise in international cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

King bowled brilliantly for a good year and a half and look the next great WI fast-bowler. I'm not exagerating, he looked really good. He bowled up between 85-90 consistently and swung the ball into the right handers and away from the lefties well. He was also very accurate with an RPO of about 4. Then he picked up an injury in England. They tried to bring him back against Zimbabwe last year but he just wasn't the same. He lost some pace and seemed to remodel his action. It's sad really, it's kinda like what happened to Jimmy Adams.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Dinanath Ramnarine is far and away the best spin option in the WI. He's the only spinner who actually turns the ball and I think he set the record for regional wickets in a season last year. I haven't a clue why they don't at least carry him on tour, he's a class player.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
King bowled brilliantly for a good year and a half and look the next great WI fast-bowler. I'm not exagerating, he looked really good. He bowled up between 85-90 consistently and swung the ball into the right handers and away from the lefties well. He was also very accurate with an RPO of about 4. Then he picked up an injury in England. They tried to bring him back against Zimbabwe last year but he just wasn't the same. He lost some pace and seemed to remodel his action. It's sad really, it's kinda like what happened to Jimmy Adams.
Yeah his average is 27 or sommit and even though he had his problems he still didn't do too badly in England. Its a shame...how useful he would be now...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yet another great bowling performance from Drakes. I'm thinking the Bangladeshis are really hating him now. Very well bowled by Collins also. Hinds and Gayle with another good partnership.

Bangladesh 118 a.o. (Kapali 52, Collins 5/26, Drakes 4/58)

WI 118/0 (Hinds 73*, Gayle 44*)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
400 up in the last over, Sarwan's got another ton, this lad is really looking good...

Let's see if Bangladesh can avoid an innings defeat, I'm not holding out much hope, mind...

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by Mr MxyzptlkYet another great bowling performance from Drakes. I'm thinking the Bangladeshis are really hating him now.
He averages 14 in tests and 25 in ODIs. Would be a legend if he'd played another 100 games NOT against Bangladesh....:rolleyes:

Bazza

International 12th Man
You made the guy sound like a martyr on the basis of 4 innings against Bangladesh.

Mr Mxyzptlk

When exactly did I do that? If I referred to anyone in such a way, it was Sarwan and he's played well against many a stronger opposition.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Great Perfomance by Lawson. 6 wkt for 0 (he gave 3 runs before taking a wicket ) runs. He has got some pace and he also gets reverse swing

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Great Perfomance by Lawson. 6 wkt for 0 (he gave 3 runs before taking a wicket ) runs. He has got some pace and he also gets reverse swing
Yes but come on, all he did was bowl straight, he deserved 6 Wickets maybe but not 6-3. Bangladesh started ok but now they have not won a Test or ODI since they qualified for Test Status, they have even dropped behind Kenya in the ODI standings...they started ok in their 1st Test but now they are looking way out of their depth. Something needs to be done here. This isn't Cricket, its slaughter.

V Reddy

International Debutant
They are always behind kenya.Ban has only beat them in one match. Ban and Kenya should have been made to play in domestic cricket of other countries for 2-3 yrs. Then BAN should have got the test status.