• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly. I know I'm prattling on...but the link between sport and that atrocity is a near miss from a team who happened to be in that town. The attack was originally planned to be in Dunedin but he changed his mind because of a facebook post. There is no reason to say something like White did. If the attack was carried out at 9am, there would literally be zero link.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Honestly. I know I'm prattling on...but the link between sport and that atrocity is a near miss from a team who happened to be in that town. The attack was originally planned to be in Dunedin but he changed his mind because of a facebook post. There is no reason to say something like White did. If the attack was carried out at 9am, there would literally be zero link.
Yeah, it's just a horrible coincidence. I was in India in the late 80s, just about to head down to Sri Lanka for a couple of NZ tests there when a bomb went off in Colombo and the tour was cancelled. Nothing at all to do with the NZ side of course, but...consequences...

BeeGee

International Captain
Safety isn't about reality, it's about perception. If someone has their house burgled, the next day they get new locks, a new security system and anything else to give them piece of mind. The likelihood of them being burgled hasn't changed, just their perception of it. NZ will be safer after the attack due to the inevitable security changes, but like it or not, peoples perceptions have changed.

Last edited:

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
I disagree, there are lots of practical measures that can be taken to improve safety and security. Tightening gun control, for a start.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That ****ing wack job is a born and raised Australian. It has zero to do with our country, other than our gun laws need tightening and subsequently will be.

So much knee jerking about the future of fixtures in this country. We were the most safe in the world until 2 days ago. One incident doesnt change it

Flem274*

123/5
I hope those 2 blokes get shot. I'll certainly be encouraging anyone who spouts that nonsense when I get back to play in traffic