• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of New Zealand 2019

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Raval is going to get his first hundred and bring up 1000 test runs with a glorious cover drive late tomorrow morning.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every time you think the Neil Wagner short ball meme can't possibly work again there's a team of 11 schlubs out there to prove it wrong.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
batsmen are really dumb
If a batsman can't proficiently play the short ball then the bowler should be able to fully exploit it. just like a swing bowler fully exploiting anyone who can play a moving ball. Or a spinner taking advantage of anyone who can't pick turn.

Short stuff is not as fashionable as ***y swing or spin but you can't argue with the results. Good players would be able to hook Wagner all day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He's looking as solid as I've ever seen him, I think this is it!
I like how Raval in his more recent tests has been a lot more positive, and usually without going too far and being reckless. Before that it always looked like he'd need 300 balls to score a century and that's a looong time to bat. Now he often operates at a higher strike rate than Latham. Whether he gets the century today or falls short yet again, if he keeps playing like this it'll happen for him soon.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latham close to becoming the first New Zealander since John Wright to score 3000 runs opening the batting for New Zealand.