• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2022

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
T20s

Saturday 30 July, 1pm, Harare SC
Sunday 31 July, 1pm, Harare SC
Tuesday 2 August, 1pm, Harare SC

ODIs

Friday 5 August, 9.15am, Harare SC
Sunday 7 August, 9.15 am, Harare SC
Wednesday 10 August, 9.15am, Harare SC

Bangladesh: Nurul Hasan (T20 captain), Tamim Iqbal (ODI only, captain), Afif Hossain, Anamul Haque, Hasan Mahmud, Litton Das (wk), Mahedi Hasan (T20 only), Mahmudullah (ODI only), Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mosaddek Hossain, Munim Shariar (T20 only) Mushfiqur Rahim (wk, ODI only), Mustafizur Rahman, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Nasum Ahmed, Parvez Hossain Emon (T20 only), Shoriful Islam, Taijul Islam (ODI only), Taskin Ahmed

Zimbabwe T20: Craig Ervine (c), Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva, Tanaka Chivanaga, Luke Jongwe, Innocent Kaia, Wesley Madhevere, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wellington Masakadza, Tony Munyonga, Richard Ngarava, Victor Nyauchi, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Sean Williams

Zimbabwe ODI squad tba

Aritro

International Regular
Only good thing to come out of this predictable debacle is the big crowd at Harare. Nearly full stands, people singing en masse; it's easily the biggest turnout I've ever seen for Bangladesh v Zimbabwe for years and years, and maybe ever.

Aritro

International Regular
Good stuff from Zimbabwe. Glad we gave this crowd something to celebrate, that was gracious of us.

Tbh, that batting performance from BD was a lot better than I expected. Plenty of credit also due to Ngarava for that near-perfect 19th over.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
Good stuff from Zimbabwe. Glad we gave this crowd something to celebrate, that was gracious of us.

Tbh, that batting performance from BD was a lot better than I expected. Plenty of credit also due to Ngarava for that mear-perfect 19th over.
if only Shahriar and Anamul could have played slightly better…

wonder what you think of the two? Shahriar looks like the first Bangladeshi opener in a while to be a modern hitter but he looks woeful at the international level

Aritro

International Regular
if only Shahriar and Anamul could have played slightly better…

wonder what you think of the two? Shahriar looks like the first Bangladeshi opener in a while to be a modern hitter but he looks woeful at the international level
I've barely seen Munim play. Don't really have an opinion on him other than that his scores seem to look crap.

Aritro

International Regular
Oh and Anamul looks beautiful at the crease with his balance, timing and batting grace but he's useless against pace and clearly struggles with the pressure of playing at the top level mentally. Even after breaking the List A world record for most runs in a season last season, he's come back to the team with the same problems.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh and Anamul looks beautiful at the crease with his balance, timing and batting grace but he's useless against pace and clearly struggles with the pressure of playing at the top level mentally. Even after breaking the List A world record for most runs in a season last season, he's come back to the team with the same problems.
I think he will come good eventually. Need to give him a consistent run. He is the best bet to replace Tamim at the top.

Aritro

International Regular
I think he will come good eventually. Need to give him a consistent run. He is the best bet to replace Tamim at the top.
He's nearly 30 now. I'd hoped he'd have a textbook late career recall with more maturity and experience to draw on and have a few good years, ala Khawaja and others. But he's been showing the same shortcomings he always had.

But yeah, giving him a few more games in this comeback run wouldn't go amiss.

Aritro

International Regular
So I tuned in very late, because T20 (obvy), but wtf Mosaddek with a five-fa? And a Zim recovery from five for **** all?

It's all happening. All of it improbable.

Aritro

International Regular
The Zimmer-frames desperately missing Muzarabani. This pie chucker that just gifted Liton about 20 runs doesn't look like the ideal replacement tbh

Aritro

International Regular
Two quick wickets to get Zimbabwe back in it. Might be a closer game than expected here, although it really shouldn't be too challenging to get 55 runs at less than a run a ball.

On another note, **** I wish there was a way to mute Athar and keep the crowd noises.

Aritro

International Regular
The Zimmers are not making a good go of this. 5/56 off 100. Five man spin attack has them prodding at it