• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Zimbabwe, 2013

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
a good positive start from Zimbabwe, I still think they are a decent chance of winning, especially with Taylor and Waller to come. But Shakib is always dangerous on turning pitches, and Robiul isn't going away. We haven't seen a full innings of decent batting from either side yet, they're always throwing their wickets away, so it will be interesting to see how this all goes...

stumpski

International Captain
That's the wicket Zimbabwe most wanted tonight, a good scalp for the debutant. Patient stuff from Taylor but perhaps he was due a failure.

stumpski

International Captain
So long as the weather forecast is OK for tomorrow, Bangladesh will be pretty happy with four wickets I reckon - especially as one of them was Taylor. Their three quicks (?) seem a bit of a luxury, although two wickets for Zia was a bit of a bonus.

stumpski

International Captain
They'd go for the win though, surely? Only need three an over. Through the first hour without alarms, if the Masakadza brothers can take them past 200 Bangladesh will start fretting ...

The fifth wicket must have fallen while I was writing that - sorry Zims ...

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Only remains to be seen if he can make a consolation 100 before the end comes.

And - he does it, with his fourth 6. Good return to form after a horrible series in the Caribbean.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Hamilton, great innings under pressure, even if it's all for nought.

Well done to Bangladesh as well. Can't have been easy scraping themselves back together after the first test, but they've put in a solid performance here, outplaying zim over all five days.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
When do both those teams next play another Test? Gutted that its only a 2 match series, screaming out for a decider..

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good win by BD. They were the better side throughout the whole game. The series really was screaming out for a decider. Some observations for the Zimbabweans;

I think they should try and retain the same bowling attack injuries permitting. I believe both Shingi and Meth did enough to justify their places in the side. I'm not sure Cremer is the best spin option, but there aren't really many alternatives at this stage.

Glad to see Hamilton get some runs. He really needed that innings badly. Now if only Sibanda would find some form.

I thought Chigs, despite throwing his wicket away today had a solid series. Certainly did more than I expected from him.

Happy with Mutumbami as a keeper and hope Zimbabwe persist with him. Could be the answer to Taibu.

As for the ODI series, I hope they bring back Charles Coventry to open with Sibanda. I don't think it will happen, but he would still be a better alternative than Chakabva or Chibhabha. Also hopefully Sean Williams gets given a decent go in the series maybe in place of Waller.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
First ODI has started with BD currently 2/78 with Shingi picking up both wickets. Some surprising selections from Zimbabwe today.

In: Raza, Utseya, Panyangara, Chatara, Williams

Out: Sibanda, Mutumbami, Jarvis, Cremer, Meth

Williams and Utseya are fair selections. I guess Chatara for Jarvis if they've chosen to rest him. Meth is injured, but I'm surprised they picked Pany. Hasn't played for Zimbabwe since 2011. Zimbabwe must have lost patience with Sibanda although I'm not sure Raza is much of an improvement but I'm prepared to give him a chance.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
I still can't believe Nasir is coming in so far down the order. I reckon he could be BDs longterm answer to the number 3 batsman. 4/111 Shingi has 3

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
8/269 from BDs innings. Shingi was the pick of the bowlers with 4/51 off his 10 overs. I hope Zimbabwe's top order can make inroads into the total and not leave it to the middle order. Particularly concerned how Chakabva and Raza will go.

stumpski

International Captain
Tough chase on the face of it, but I don't know how big the ground is.

Chakabva gone already.