• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Some interesting selections for both Test and ODI Squads. Jayawardene gets another chance, what does he have to do to get dropped FFS. Sujeewa de Silva gets a run in Test, 2nd chance against Bangladesh the next Micheal Vandort. Malinda Warnapura gets his first run in Tests and look like his jumped Kapu, Dilshan and Samaraweera for the No 6 spot.

Muburak looks the favorite to replace Atapattu as the opener, unless they open up with Warnapura, but even then he would be close to getting the the middle order spot. I can't believe he got recalled to the ODI squad in the first place. Lokuarachchi is a tad unlucky to get dropped but Chandana been in good form for the A Team. Nuwan Kulasekara gets another chance in the ODI side. I know they don't see Sujeewa de Silva as an ODI bowler, but surely there is someone else who deserve a chance ahead of that ******.

A real chance to blood some youngsters and they go back to the guys who been tried and failed, so dire.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
Sujeewa de Silva gets a run in Test, 2nd chance against Bangladesh the next Micheal Vandort.
Meaning what exactly? The next guy to average more with the bat than Tharanga in all cricket and still get relentlessly insulted for technical faults that only seem to appear to a handful of people? Or the next guy to score a ton against England and then get dropped two test later? Nah, can't be, he's a bowler.

Lostman

State Captain
it wasnt even two test later, it was the next test if i remember correctly. He made a 100 in the second test against england and then was dropped for jayasuriya:@ Jayasuriya should just stick to ODI's and 20/20 now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
it wasnt even two test later, it was the next test if i remember correctly. He made a 100 in the second test against england and then was dropped for jayasuriya:@ Jayasuriya should just stick to ODI's and 20/20 now.
Nah, he had a test after that I think, and got two cheap scores IIRC. He's only played two serious tests though and he scored a ton in one of them - hardly with the criticism he gets.

spofta

Banned
The Banga's dont have a hope in hell dont know why they are test playing nation. Ireland or Netherlands would have a better chance...... wont be watching it thats fior sure. Jaysuria not playing what there be to watch? sum bloke who throws running roit>?

imperialist

Cricket Spectator
who is airing bangladesh sri lanka series?

Hi everyone ..

Does anyone know who will be airing the SriLanka-Bangladesh series in the UK and Europe? ? I am getting tired of posting the same question again and again .. hopefully someone will have an answer this time.

I bought a subscription (a.k.a donation) from http://www.action8cricket.com and I am still not being able to watch the match (the 3-day test). So beware of action8cricket. Has anyone used action8cricket before??

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Hi everyone ..

Does anyone know who will be airing the SriLanka-Bangladesh series in the UK and Europe? ? I am getting tired of posting the same question again and again .. hopefully someone will have an answer this time.

I bought a subscription (a.k.a donation) from http://www.action8cricket.com and I am still not being able to watch the match (the 3-day test). So beware of action8cricket. Has anyone used action8cricket before??
Oh dear! I think you've just been scammed. I remember reading somewhere on the internet during the World Cup that action8cricket (I think it was) is a fake!

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bangladesh opened their tour of Sri Lanka with a unconvincing batting performance on the first day of their three-day fixture against Sri Lanka A.

After newly appointed captain Mohammad Ashraful won the toss at the Colts Cricket Club in Colombo, the Bangladeshi top five all made starts yet none, save Habibul Bashar, were able to go on to make a significant contribution.

Following a fluid start, Shahriar Nafees’ dismissal for 16, caught by Jehan Mubarak off Dammika Prasad, signalled the end of any real Bangladeshi aggression and the 79 overs of play possible yielded just 183 runs.

Both Javed Omar (34) and Rajin Saleh (21) dug in, adding 45 for the second wicket, but both fell in quick succession. It was left to Bashar, who’s Test place has come under recent scrutiny after he relinquished the captaincy, to grind out a dour unbeaten 60 from 146 balls. Ashraful provided the necessary support, contributing 37 to a stand of 75, before he fell caught behind to left-arm spinner Rangana Herath. When Shakib Al Hasan was out first ball to the same bowler, Bangladesh were teetering at 148-5, leaving veteran wicket-keeper Khaled Mashud to survive until the close, finishing 7 not out.

Herath finished with figures of 3-51, with Prasad the only other wicket-taker. This match does not have first-class status, since both sides are playing with twelve-man squads.

cricman

International 12th Man
if they can bat another 25-30 overs I'd be happy, no Mortaza or Rafique so the RR isn't going increase unless Bashar and Mashud turn it up but I'm not estatic about today but not upset except for Shahriar Nafees, I'm confident sakib will do better.