• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Bangladesh in Sri Lanka

Isura

U19 Captain
Does anyone have an idea about who will be airing the srilanka bangladesh series in UK and North America? I havent been able to find anything on the net .. is it true that the rights to the series is yet to be sold?
In North America the series will be shown on CBN (caribbean channel in the ATN network). You can just subscribe to CBN for $15/month in Canada, but not sure about the US.

Isura

U19 Captain
It's a shame. I really hope he improves his discipline and shot selection, one of the most naturally talented players in Bangladesh.
Pity. Him and Ashraful are 2 of the most talented young batsmen in the world IMO. Even Ind/Pak/SL don't have young batsmen with that kind of natural talent imo.

cricman

International 12th Man
It's offical now Ashraful (Captain) and Mortaza (Vice Captain) will lead Bangladesh in both Tests and ODI's

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's offical now Ashraful (Captain) and Mortaza (Vice Captain) will lead Bangladesh in both Tests and ODI's
Seen it coming from a mile away. Let's hope that this extra responsibility can make Ashraful a more mature batsman.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Seen it coming from a mile away. Let's hope that this extra responsibility can make Ashraful a more mature batsman.
I have grave concerns that it might unfortunately destroy a Career that should've been nurtured and allowed to blossom on its own without added pressures.:ph34r:

imperialist

Cricket Spectator
who will be airing the series in UK

Anyone have a clue about who will be airing the series in the UK and europe??

Aritro

International Regular
I have grave concerns that it might unfortunately destroy a Career that should've been nurtured and allowed to blossom on its own without added pressures.:ph34r:
I'd say he's well on course towards amounting to bugger all, no matter how much he's nurtured.

This is the sort of drastic change of circumstances that might force him to have a word with himself.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He has had 5 years to mature and has shown little to suggest that anything dramatic like that will happen, apart from the occasional good innings. Hopefully the captaincy will "make a man of him" so to speak and he will take up the role and start performing.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Certainly hope Bangladesh put up a better performance in this series than in the one against India. I'm happy to see that the series has been scheduled for three tests, as most of Bangla's and Sri Lanka's test series (especially home ones) end-up being a farcical two-match affair. These sides need to play more test cricket since they cannot just pick up the nuances of the game by watching it on television.

I think Ashraful as captain brings a lot of benefits but a lot of negatives as well. He has never been a consistent batsman, and he will certainly be under pressure to improve that. He does have a good mindset for the modern game, though, and that should work for him. The biggest problem I see, though, is Bangladesh cricket fans growing up to be cousins of Indian and Pakistani cricket fans. This will mean tremendous amounts of pressure (aka Asian passion) and this could adversely affect his career.

Also, I think while Bangla have spent a lot of effort developing slow-left arm spinners, they need to look in other directions for quality slow-bowlers. Saqibul Hasan looks promising--especially in the ODI arena. They need to get some leg-spinners and off-spinners in as well... it just seems they have built a legacy of slow-left armers which is why the youngsters, too, prefer to follow in their footsteps.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Also, I think while Bangla have spent a lot of effort developing slow-left arm spinners, they need to look in other directions for quality slow-bowlers. Saqibul Hasan looks promising--especially in the ODI arena. They need to get some leg-spinners and off-spinners in as well... it just seems they have built a legacy of slow-left armers which is why the youngsters, too, prefer to follow in their footsteps.
Mohammad Mahmdul Riyad:

Height: 5'11

Batting: Right-hand Bat
Batting Avg.: 28.46

Bowling: Right-arm Off-Spin
Bowling Avg.: 37.35

He has been included for the Sri Lankan tour. Please don't be misled by the information provided on cricinfo which claims him to be a Right-arm fast-medium bowler.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Nobody has been appointed full time as yet but Aussie Shaun Williams will take the helm for this tour.
i read in a newspaper that now that Whatmore got rejected by India...the bangladesh board have left the door open for him to come back.....can anyone confirm this?

Anyway...do you think he would go back?

(i know this is kinda off topic...but it wasnt worth to start a new thread based on rumours from a newspaper, i guess!)

Nishant

International 12th Man
Mohammad Mahmdul Riyad:

Height: 5'11

Batting: Right-hand Bat
Batting Avg.: 28.46

Bowling: Right-arm Off-Spin
Bowling Avg.: 37.35

He has been included for the Sri Lankan tour. Please don't be misled by the information provided on cricinfo which claims him to be a Right-arm fast-medium bowler.
suprised cricinfo doesnt have the right info TBH...i always rely on them for all the info i get!!

crickmate

U19 12th Man
It was a diplomatic comment by CEO of BCB that BD still has door opened for Whatmore. But the truth is BCB will only get him if they can't manage to get any one else from their prospective list. So yeah, you can say Whatmore would be the last name on the long list.

i read in a newspaper that now that Whatmore got rejected by India...the bangladesh board have left the door open for him to come back.....can anyone confirm this?

Anyway...do you think he would go back?

(i know this is kinda off topic...but it wasnt worth to start a new thread based on rumours from a newspaper, i guess!)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a diplomatic comment by CEO of BCB that BD still has door opened for Whatmore. But the truth is BCB will only get him if they can't manage to get any one else from their prospective list. So yeah, you can say Whatmore would be the last name on the long list.
I think SL may be letting a great opportunity pass by not offering Whatmore a chance to come back to SL. I feel it may be the best option of all available options at the moment, although Bayliss may be not a bad option either.