• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Pakistan Thread

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Impressive from the Bangladeshi's. From what I have seen in the past, I frankly expected them to undo themselves mercilessly. Yet Bashar and a few others have shown themselves to be pretty good at building an innings.

Its a very flat track from what I have seen (not much) but the scoreline says enough.

As for the Pakistani's who 'opted not to play', which are they? even if there are any, this is not going to change anything yet. A series loss perhaps? :rolleyes:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
163/3 at close, 105 ahead

Habibul Bashar makes his 15th Test Fifty, the fourth time he's made two in a match.

Rajin Saleh seems to be quite a find, doesn't he? Let's hope he can keep going in the rest of his career.

If the Tigers can set them 300 (would need 357), then maybe, just maybe! :)

And Dav Whatmore is fast approaching a reputation somewhere near "deity" in my eyes. :)

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
there are 2 people who have impressed me the most aside from Bashar and those 2 are Kapali and Hameed.

Theyre both young and have played well..

is it just me or is there a flatter pitch right next to the one theyre playing on.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Today Bashar has to walk out to the middle and make sure he keeps his cool and doesn't do anything stupid. He deserves his century, it will be saddening if he doesn't make it.:(

Mr. P

76.3 Umar Gul to Habibul Bashar, one run, 100!! pitches up, comes on the front foot and guided to third man for his 1st 2nd test hundred, well played.
baggygreen.

Magnificent from Bashar. Congrats on a fine innings.
This means that...

*This is the 4th century by a Bangladeshi cricketer
*It is Bashars 2nd, meaning he goes to the top of Bangladesh century makers
*This match takes him to over double the closest runscorer ever.
:D

well done

Mr. P

hes out for 108. good inning, pity he couldn't go on.
sorry about 5 posts in a row.

now watch for the demise of bangladesh.:P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
No problem regarding 5 posts in a row. Nice to see - and nice to see Bangladesh beginning to repay the faith we've shown in them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Disaster!

274 all out is about 30-40 too few IMO - 216 in 129 overs.

As an aside - nice to see Pakistan fall 9 overs short of bowling their compliment in the first 2 sessions today when they bowled about 50% of the day with spin.

Big fine needed methinks.

Craig

World Traveller
I think Banmgladesh have half a chance if they pick up some early wickets. I think a Test victory will happen very soon. Shall this happen against England, I accept no responsibilty for the mob that would want to come after me for my claim who would want to burn me at the stake.

Gulp :(

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
well, it all ends in tears...

well done to two people, Hameed and Bashar, both batted brilliantly on that flat not hard to score unlike headingley and trent bridge pitch.

Bangladesh need a good strike bowler, they really do, i think AA should migrate from Mumbai to Dhaka and get a passport and allswell that ends well.

Or they can work really hard and try to raise Kapalis game cos hes a decent talent and work with their best pacemen ie Islam, Mortaza and Tapash

Mr. P

They played well did bangla. Starting to think we should have a Habibul Bashar thread, he really can play this man.:D

Legglancer

State Regular
Does anybody think the Bangla captain can justify a place in the team ???? Is it just me who thinks that moetza should not be sent at no 11 ???

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Legglancer said:
Does anybody think the Bangla captain can justify a place in the team ???? Is it just me who thinks that moetza should not be sent at no 11 ???
I think it's more a case of there being no-one else to skipper the side.

The first choice XI on ability as I would pick it:
Hannan Sarkar
Javed Omar/Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
*Sanwar Hossain
Rajin Saleh
Alok Kapali
+Khaled Mashud
Tapash Baisya
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Manjural Islam

Legglancer

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
I think it's more a case of there being no-one else to skipper the side.

The first choice XI on ability as I would pick it:
Hannan Sarkar
Javed Omar/Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
*Sanwar Hossain
Rajin Saleh
Alok Kapali
+Khaled Mashud
Tapash Baisya
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Manjural Islam
Intersting thinking Neil ..... I would like you to clarify weather Ashraful still Deserves to be #2 on your list and Shouldent Kapali switch with Saleh ????

Maybe I am a little Patial towards Mortaza .... But dont you think he beckons a higher rating than # 10 ????

Maybe I am out-to-lunch but I think Mortaza could be a mini-flintoff .... :D