• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in NZ 2021-22

slippy888

International Captain
im starting to get worried about new zealand cricket future when the likes of daryll mitchell is batting at number 6 in a test match

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Don't know why Darryl referred that to the 3rd umpire. Surely he knew he nicked it. The bat was quite some distance from the pads and there was good deviation. Probably was hoping for strange luck.

Henry has weird ways of getting out, a ball on the stumps and he inside edged it.

nzfan

Blundell and the rest of the blokes will get us to 500+ no worries

Shame Rosco go out, he was looking quite good today. Looked good enough for 70+ Would have been nice to sign off with a 50 but it shouldn't really matter as for the game is concerned. He did play his part in moving the game forward.

nzfan

This is a good point. Absolute tailor made situation for Lord Colin, as was the first dig at the Mount
Honestly I don't know about that... I rated CDG's bowling but his batting at best was slog and see if he can get away. He has some very good innings but he was far from being consistent. Outstanding 5th bowler though.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure where I stand with Nicholls these days. When he first played for NZ, I thought he'd be a flop as he looked awful and got so many more chances than players from the preceding generation. That then seemed to pay off as he found a way of scoring runs, albeit often in ugly ways. But wow, when he's off, he's off. Bit more worried about Taylor retiring now. Truly awful record against India and Australia as well.

Flem274*

123/5
Is there any red ball cricket for Ravindra before SA? Him coming of age as opener would solve so many problems.

Latham
Ravindra (5)
Williamson
Conway
Young
Nicholls/Mitchell
Keeper

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure where I stand with Nicholls these days. When he first played for NZ, I thought he'd be a flop as he looked awful and got so many more chances than players from the preceding generation. That then seemed to pay off as he found a way of scoring runs, albeit often in ugly ways. But wow, when he's off, he's off. Bit more worried about Taylor retiring now. Truly awful record against India and Australia as well.
The things I valued in Nicholls for a while were extreme stubborness and willingness to guts an innings out, no matter how ugly. Now he's a fixture in the side he's looser and I don't like it. That damn pull/hook shot especially - there are times to play it of course but... with discretion. Dismissed early today - I guess that can happen to anyone, but agree with your general point. And you're right that Australia and India are a big black mark on his record, if he adds a poor series against another top bowling attack in South Africa then we do need to look at other options imo.

nzfan

The things I valued in Nicholls for a while were extreme stubborness and willingness to guts an innings out, no matter how ugly. Now he's a fixture in the side he's looser and I don't like it. That damn pull/hook shot especially - there are times to play it of course but... with discretion. Dismissed early today - I guess that can happen to anyone, but agree with your general point. And you're right that Australia and India are a big black mark on his record, if he adds a poor series against another top bowling attack in South Africa then we do need to look at other options imo.
Nicholls is a busy player and a good one at playing spin. Definitely not a great watch but like you said he grits it out by getting tough but busy runs. Players of this kind when they go out of form it takes time to get back into it. I don't think he's ready to be moved on yet. There's plenty of good cricket in him but when he's not there he'll not get much backing from the pundits just because the way he plays.

nzfan

Is there any red ball cricket for Ravindra before SA? Him coming of age as opener would solve so many problems.

Latham
Ravindra (5)
Williamson
Conway
Young
Nicholls/Mitchell
Keeper
Isn't that the line up we're having right now? Expect Rachin isn't opening. I think our selectors will go soft and still play him at 6 or 7 if playing. I guess the UK tour this year I'm guessing he'll get to the top order. There'll be times in UK we'll need two spinners in the side.