• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
While I'm pleased that the virus is back in the ODI squad, it still strikes me as bizarre that he can't get in to the T20 team, given he was the MVP in the HRV cup this year.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No McKay? What happened to "he'll be right in a few days, just thought it was best to leave him out for the test"?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I dont know if many people will agree but Bangladesh have improved tremendously. The moment NZ scored 550, I thought they would suffer an innings defeat. They came back twice from 5 wickets down to reach respectable totals.
I think they can be quite a force against teams like New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan at home where their left arm spinners will find conditions more conducive.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they can be quite a force against teams like New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan at home where their left arm spinners will find conditions more conducive.
They already proved that a couple of years back when NZ were extremely lucky to win that series in Bangladesh.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Our wise leader has said:

"Jeetan Patel bowled in some tough situations in the match, but he improved throughout and with a number of left-handers in the Australian line-up, he could have a role to play in that series."

Interested to see Hopkins still in the T20 line up. He must be there because he's so awesome in the changing rooms and nets no?

Polo23

International Debutant
Our wise leader has said:

"Jeetan Patel bowled in some tough situations in the match, but he improved throughout and with a number of left-handers in the Australian line-up, he could have a role to play in that series."

Interested to see Hopkins still in the T20 line up. He must be there because he's so awesome in the changing rooms and nets no?
I hope thats all just PC bullsh*t. Fact of the matter is Patel was dire and he never has been anything other than average. Why on earth do we need two spinners on pitches that don't turn anyway?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I hope thats all just PC bullsh*t. Fact of the matter is Patel was dire and he never has been anything other than average. Why on earth do we need two spinners on pitches that don't turn anyway?
Not that I agree with it, but are the selectors coming from the position where they're sayiung let's pick our four best bowlers, and it just so happens that two of them are spinners?

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Wrong thread, my bad.

Hope we can find a spot for Nathan McCullum, him and Vettori could really tie the Aussies down.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
looks like it's time to return to the old slow paced greentops. new zealands best chance of beating any one never mind the aussies. and pick an attack to exploit that.

thierry henry

International Coach
Not that I agree with it, but are the selectors coming from the position where they're sayiung let's pick our four best bowlers, and it just so happens that two of them are spinners?
I have no problem with that

I have a problem with Patel being worse than every single available seam option. And that's not just at international level....I don't think there's a seamer at domestic level getting a gig who has a worse domestic record than Patel.

thierry henry

International Coach
On Shahadat- how is it that he has gone from apparently being the paciest quick on display at the under-19 world cup as a 17 year old, to a 23 year old who sprints to the crease, grunts like Maria Sharapova on every ball, and bowls inaccurately at sub-Venkatesh Prasad pace?

If this is all he has then he's not worth persisting with.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
On Shahadat- how is it that he has gone from apparently being the paciest quick on display at the under-19 world cup as a 17 year old, to a 23 year old who sprints to the crease, grunts like Maria Sharapova on every ball, and bowls inaccurately at sub-Venkatesh Prasad pace?

He was made to change his action in 08-09.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Bangladesh are slowly coming right. They have some good young players in the side and I can see them winning a test match in the next year or so if they get rid of the brain explosions they have while batting.
10 years and they are still there at the same frequency. The talent has improved, but the brain explosions have not.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year

Tell me about it..I remember a spell he bowled against South Africa in 07...taking 7 wickets..he also bowled very well against Australia in 06 in a match Bangladesh could have won. But his decline in pace and accuracy is really disheartening.

10 years and they are still there at the same frequency. The talent has improved, but the brain explosions have not.
Yeah I agree with you to an extent but I can also see some signs of improvement. The fact that Bangaldesh didnt suffer an innings defeat after trailing by 550 runs, and then managing to come back after losing 5 wickets in both the innings to post respectable totals is great..that should be appreciated..
I think if they can sort our their selection issues, drop useless batsmen like Ashraful, Aftab and use Mahmudullah and Rahim efficiently..they can be a decent side..I think at home, they can give teams like West Indies, New Zealand and Pakistan a tough fight and wouldnt be surprised if they won a test match..

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah I agree with you to an extent but I can also see some signs of improvement.
yeah but as SS said, there is ample improvement in TALENT (the side now has a number of good ball-strikers) but really not much in temperament (and yes, I realise that temperament is a talent in itself).

Previously they were clueless and talentless, now they are clueless and talented...just imo.