• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, sounds like infuriating watching these edges, every single one of which goes to the boundary.

Still, Bangladesh have earned any luck they're getting by putting themselves in this position, and NZ perhaps haven't with the bowling yesterday and the dropped catch.

thierry henry

International Coach
Perhaps a thought for another thread, but how many all-rounders in the history of the game are actually comparable to Shakib statistically and it terms of the role he plays in the side?

I guess Imran and Keith Miller come to mind but arguably were slightly more bowling all-rounders as compared to Shakib. Sobers and Kallis arguably played a lesser bowling role. There's hardly anyone who played quite as much of a frontline role in both disciplines.

I realise that the low number of tests Bangladesh get to play and the tendency to play more against lesser opposition is a big factor here but still, it's something.

Blocky

Banned
I thought this was supposed to be greentop, why has it flattened out?
The only pitch in the country you need to worry if it's green is in Hamilton, time and time again we expect Wellington will do things when it's green and time and time again it doesn't, the only thing you get on occasion is a healthy amount of swing, but the temperature isn't right for it down there and the Kookaburra balls seem to have lost their ability to swing.

There has been a bit of nibble, but ultimately the BD have never really been under pressure, too much loose **** bowling.