• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Challis

U19 12th Man
Bdesh's tail must be one of the worst ever; Taskin, Roy and Kamrul will be lucky to get double digits between them. Miraz is supposed to be an all-rounder but has struggled with the bat in his fledgling Test career, hence the average of 1.25. Hopefully he can emulate his First class average rather than his Test average.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah, a bit. I think they're bowling to a plan (trying to entice a hook shot), but most of the time they haven't got it right.
Clearly a hangover of the disgusting bodyline tactics of the toxic McCullum era [/MarkReason]

Blocky

Banned
Williamson really doesn't play by the "give it a try" mindset - 60 overs in and we've still not seen Santner because the gameplan would have been "seam attack will win us the match on this wicket"

Blain

U19 Captain
Yeah dumb. Give him 4 overs and see what happens. Hope this isn't a "sub continent players are good with spin" decision. Spin on a pitch like this could actually get the batsman caught out, due to them being use to rolled mud..

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
We were all whingeing in a similar fashion during the ODI series about Williamson not bringing himself on. Shortly after, he did just that and cleaned up.

So we just gotta keep at it. The Blackcaps hierarchy are clearly looking to CricketWeb for inspiration.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
We were all whingeing in a similar fashion during the ODI series about Williamson not bringing himself on. Shortly after, he did just that and cleaned up.

So we just gotta keep at it. The Blackcaps hierarchy are clearly looking to CricketWeb for inspiration.
Ha! Took less than a half hour to get them to listen to us :smug:

Blocky

Banned
Williamson and Santner in tango for ten overs, then have a burst with Boult and Southee, when that fails, give the newer cherry to Wagner and get him to pitch up like he was yesterday when he got the most movement of the bowlers.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
I agree with the idea of bowling Santner and Williamson in tandem.

I don't think we'll be able to win this match, it's very early but the Bangladeshi's don't look like they're going to gift us too many wickets like the Pakistani's did.

Last edited: