• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
certain areas tend to hog the blood supply if reports are true
You got it. I like Tim Southee, kind of, but if Kane were to get injured and he was the captain in all formats, gee that would worry me. Someone who's never shown any sign of wanting to be a leader, except perhaps for the power it wields.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh, after seeing him skipper in the Caribbean T20 league, I actually don't think Guptill's a bad choice to skipper in the white-ball forms.

Showed some good tactical prowess in that tournament, & of course would lead by example in the field.

I'm not sure Tim 'the marshmellow ticker' Southee would add much steel to the unit.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You got it. I like Tim Southee, kind of, but if Kane were to get injured and he was the captain in all formats, gee that would worry me. Someone who's never shown any sign of wanting to be a leader, except perhaps for the power it wields.
Yeah, I don't mind Tim Southee as vice captain - by all accounts he's just about the most popular guy in the team, and he's obviously pretty good at boosting morale - except for the fact that it creates the risk that he might actually have to captain at some point.

Zinzan

Yeah, I don't mind Tim Southee as vice captain - by all accounts he's just about the most popular guy in the team, and he's obviously pretty good at boosting morale - except for the fact that it creates the risk that he might actually have to captain at some point.
Southee is a popular team member by all reports, but more as the fun-loving prankster than anything else. I won't claim to know anymore than that, but will say people can often confuse popularity with respect, & they aren't always the same thing.

I could be wrong, but Southee from the outside looking in doesn't look like one the other players would take too seriously.

Above everything else, imagine all the DRS reviews he'd waste every time he slips a ball down leg.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
This would be my ODI XI:

Tamim
Imrul
Sarker
Mahmudullah
Mushfiqur
Shakib
Shabbir
Mashrafe
Rubel
Taskin
Fizz

Bowling attack is deadly – Shakib, Mashrafe, Rubel, Taskin and Fizz. Problem is: Can Bangladesh score the runs?

Zinzan

This would be my ODI XI:

Tamim
Imrul
Sarker
Mahmudullah
Mushfiqur
Shakib
Shabbir
Mashrafe
Rubel
Taskin
Fizz

Bowling attack is deadly – Shakib, Mashrafe, Rubel, Taskin and Fizz. Problem is: Can Bangladesh score the runs?
You and I sure have different interpretations of 'deadly' bowling attacks.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
You and I sure have different interpretations of 'deadly' bowling attacks.
Shakib is one of the world's best limited overs spinners according to rankings. Rubel is very quick. Taskin is also quick though not as fast as Rubel, but has that height and bounce factor. Mashrafe brings his experience and intelligence into play. Fizz has immaculate line and length; plus, let's not forget his variations with his unchanged action. Our bowling attack is definitely far superior to New Zealand's.

Zinzan

Shakib is one of the world's best limited overs spinners according to rankings. Rubel is very quick. Taskin is also quick though not as fast as Rubel, but has that height and bounce factor. Mashrafe brings his experience and intelligence into play. Fizz has immaculate line and length; plus, let's not forget his variations with his unchanged action. Our bowling attack is definitely far superior to New Zealand's.
That's highly debatable, but even granting you that, you clearly use the term 'deadly' more loosely than I do.

When I think of 'deadly' ODI attacks, I think of Pakistan when they had Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib & Saqlain or Australia, when they had McGrath, Lee, Gillespie & Warne, or the Windies, with Marshall, Garner, Walsh & Holding, not Rubel, Taskin, Shakib & Fizz :p.

When you use it to describe them, you demean the term.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah Mortaza, Taskin and Rubel don't compare well to our bowlers in home conditions. Fizzy is also a total unknown here. Shakib is probably not going to be particularly more valuable than Santner in NZ.

Daemon

Yeah Mortaza, Taskin and Rubel don't compare well to our bowlers in home conditions. Fizzy is also a total unknown here. Shakib is probably not going to be particularly more valuable than Santner in NZ.
Didn't Fizzy have a great time with Sussex? I'm sure he'll be fine unless the injury has a say.