• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

vandem

International 12th Man
[Nicholls] Average of 24 after 9 Tests :laugh:
and FC averages:

Nicholls, 48 games, 2747 runs @ 35

Will Young 44 games, 2768 runs @ 40

5 run difference is significant for 24/25 year olds at a similar stage in their career. I know Young hasn't converted enough 50s to 100s (2 x 100s, 22 x 50s), but over the next 2-3 seasons I think he'd make more test runs if batting at #5 (and #4 if Taylor retires).

I think it was unlucky for the NZ test side that Nicholls had a couple of good ODI / T20 innings just before BMac retired from the test #5 spot.

cnerd123

likes this
oooh Mirage should be encouraged by that. Get Nicholl coming down the track. He wasn't at the pitch of the ball there. He keeps trying that he'll miss/miscue one.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Munro's record at FC mostly batting at 5.

42 games, 3013 runs, HS 281, 10 hundreds, 12 fifties, 49.39 average, 94.82 strike rate.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Munro's record at FC mostly batting at 5.

42 games, 3013 runs, HS 281, 10 hundreds, 12 fifties, 49.39 average, 94.82 strike rate.
Munro's been the best FC batsman in the country for a couple of years now, but apparently since he failed in his only test vs. South Africa (when all the other NZ bats did too) and plays some of his FC games at Eden Park no.2, he shouldn't be given a chance.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yea both teams have bowled a lot better than 827/11 would suggest
Yeah been a lot of **** posting honestly. The wind was crazy day 1 which negated swing, day 2 and 3 have been pretty much on a flat lifeless wicket. New Zealand's fielding was poor but our bowling was pretty alright until Rahim and Shakib started to dominate later in their partnership

Zinzan

Sadly, you two blokes are just yourselves.

Anyway, this looks like another typical NZ road, where visiting teams like on the runs just like what happened last summer when Australia toured.
I'll take me over a WW likeness any day of the week, & yeah the Basin has not been a good ground for NZ in Tests for a long time now. The worst ground (of the 3-4 regular ones) for NZ in terms of winning ratio.

Burgey

What's the ground at Napier like, results wise? Went there a few years ago and it's a flat out beautiful ground.

Blocky

Banned
One compliment you've got to pay to the Bangladesh pacers, is that they all bowl like Neil Wagner in terms of effort, heart and willingness to fight.

Blocky

Banned
Batting Tom... the only guy sticking his hand up to do the hard yards so far, looking at strike rate comparisons. Really need him to double it up though.