• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in Namibia and Zimbabwe

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
and I have been delusional yet again......Zim 1/121 after 21.2 overs......

EDIT: Make that 2/121 after 21.3 overs

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Zimbabwe had the game at the 22nd over........what the hell happened?

I should believe in what I first thought instead of saying it was a delusion!:O

That last over was well done by the Bangladeshi's.......but I think they won it when Streak was out.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Gawd thats awful for the Zims...

Mahwire 4-0-30-0

Need I say more, its a real tragedy.... Oh well may the better team win the next match...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
! It's happening again... Zimbabwe 5/81 (22.5), top 5 all out. Ervine 9* off 44 and Streak 0* off 5 in at the moment, Ebrahim, Price, Blignaut, Brent to come. Tapash Baisya with two wickets, Flower failed again (3) and Barney Rogers (26) so far the best of the batsmen. Bangladesh with a very good chance of winning this game, just need to get through past this pair first...

Swervy

International Captain
another thriller brewing gain...Bagladesh need 44 in 33 balls..3 wickets left...40 runs in the last 4 overs..can they do it again

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Swervy said:
another thriller brewing gain...Bagladesh need 44 in 33 balls..3 wickets left...40 runs in the last 4 overs..can they do it again
And they can't. They lose by 14 runs......too bad to cuz i was hoping they would win. 2 in a row, that would have made teh Bangladeshi's feel like they were in a dreamworld or something!:D

Langeveldt

Soutie
I couldnt help noticing that they had dropped "Mixed Blessing" Mahwire....

Surely a few overs of dross from him would have handed Bangladesh the series... As it was Gary Brent was rather more impressive...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
As it was Gary Brent was rather more impressive...

2-50 off 7.2 overs - can't you just give it up - that is not impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
2-50 off 7.2 overs - can't you just give it up - that is not impressive by any stretch of the imagination.
If you bother to look at the scorecard you might find that Brent's figures were

Brent 9.1 1 32 2

And give what up? Last time I checked that was more impressive than 4-0-30-0.....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My bad - I misread Ervine's figures.

As for give up - attacking Mahwire - we all know he's only selected for non-cricketing reasons, so there's really no point in keep on mentioning it.

aussiefan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good experience for Bangladesh.

They should tour more and this will help them to gain experience

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Slow but steady start for Bangladesh in the decider, opted to bat and are 0/69 after 18.2 overs. Interesting decision to open with Manjural Islam Rana, who has a List A Limited Overs average of 9.05, high score of 22... It has worked so far though, he has 20* off 39, Sarkar 41* off 71.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Double strike again and Zimbabwe have removed both set batsmen.

Well batted the openers in particular.

Although with Rafique dropped and sent home the Bangladeshi bowling is lacking something.

Still 164-4 with 10 overs to go - 230 or so must be the aim.

PY

International Coach
167/6 and 4 wickets gone for 14 runs.

Aim should be around 200 now I reckon.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
5/167 (41.4) now, Kapali out. I am guessing that Bashar has some sort of injury for him to be coming in at 7, below Mushfiqur. Only 8 overs left so I would think Bangladesh would be happy with 210. As for bowling, Manjural Islam Rana seems to be a good like-for-like replacement for Rafique, has an excellent FC/List-A record, still only 19.

edit - Bashar out for 2, 6/167. Very lacklustre Test and ODI series for the Bangladesh captain in terms of his batting performances.

edit again with a sigh :( - 7/169, Flower gets his third. Two Khaleds in now, will do very well to get to 200.

Last edited: