• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Pinch hitting" went out of fashion some time in the mid '90s. Remember those pointless tri-series in India/Sharjah where they'd send someone like Srinath up the order only to waste some balls swinging blindly and get out after a few overs of depriving Sachin of the strike?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"Pinch hitting" went out of fashion some time in the mid '90s. Remember those pointless tri-series in India/Sharjah where they'd send someone like Srinath up the order only to waste some balls swinging blindly and get out after a few overs of depriving Sachin of the strike?
We still have Narine though.

Jack1

International Debutant
Narine has done a good job of it in IPL. Pant should be able to strike faster and average more even in internationals. Don’t care if it’s in fashion or not. Shaw is at 5 as I can’t see depth and explosiveness for another player. If someone can recommend, or knows of, a better player to have they (ideally averaged 20 with a 150+ SR) I’ll happily replace him.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Wouldn't mind Khaleel playing one more time to prove once more that he is ****. Knew Manjrekar said this about Kohli right at the beginning of his test career and the rest is history.

Jack1

International Debutant
This is why I want Pant at the top, but if you Indian fans want Boycott and Gavaskar for the first 4-6 overs every t20I then good luck to you !

Skippy, Rahul is the anchor that’s his role. Plays pretty fast for anchor tbh. Pant just seems completely wasted further done to me he has Gilchrist potential and I feel like Pant has more six hitting potential. Cmon india get srs

Jack1

International Debutant
What a dull start.

But Pant at the top is a terrible idea , huh huh wat mic drop

Just curious, do you seriously believe a clown (tad harsh of me) like Dhawan is required ? It pains me to see such a great squad not being maximised. India have such a good pool of players but seem intent on never putting their best side out which annoys me. Because I don’t actually care too much who wins generally, I just want to see the best cricket possible played. It’s more enjoyable for everyone

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Dhawan is such a gun ODI batsman but should stop playing T20Is. This will help him to maximize his career in one format he is really good at.

Jack1

International Debutant
Dhawan is such a gun ODI batsman but should stop playing T20Is. This will help him to maximize his career in one format he is really good at.
His stats are seriously a joke in t20I playing for India in that many games batting in the powerplay. Everything about opening is easier in t20i. His stats are horrible. Good knock Rahul but gone , Iyer needs to get a move on . anyways Im out.

Btw I’m not ripping on him he’s great in odi and been good in tests, I’m just saying. Coming in with hardly any balls to face in t20I in the middle order is harder than opening without a doubt. Pant lacks confidence and conviction at times so having a cut and dry role in t20I at the top would really suit him imho

Last edited: