• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But Pant at the top is a terrible idea , huh huh wat mic drop

Just curious, do you seriously believe a clown (tad harsh of me) like Dhawan is required ? It pains me to see such a great squad not being maximised. India have such a good pool of players but seem intent on never putting their best side out which annoys me. Because I don’t actually care too much who wins generally, I just want to see the best cricket possible played. It’s more enjoyable for everyone
Dhawan's mediocre form does not make it a good idea to open with a slogger like Pant. Imagine him facing Starc, Boult or Cummins.

slippy888

International Captain
Dhawan's mediocre form does not make it a good idea to open with a slogger like Pant. Imagine him facing Starc, Boult or Cummins.
Well he did score a 100 in a test match against Australia so he did face Starc and Cummins

Jack1

International Debutant
I’m imagining it. Does it matter? If he hits out or gets out then most of the time RS, KLR and VK bat most the overs and players like H Pandya are waiting in the wings for a hit at the end . It’s only a 20 over game. Are you scared of getting bowled out? Not sure what I’m missing because even if Pant just averages 12 with a 200 SR ( a super conservative estimate if he takes my pinch hitting role serious, and he will or I he gets dropped for not batting his role for the team) doesn’t matter much because number 9 is still hardly ever going to bat ?

Plus this knock from Iyer means he bats 5 in my team because he’s finally delivered substance at this level so

1. Pant
2. Rohit
3. Rahul
4. Kohli
5. Iyer
6. H Pandya
7. Jadeja

Pant isn’t sure what his role is right now I would just force his hand and make him pinch hit, if he gets out then he’s out the way early and hasn’t wasted balls played himself Pointlessly like today. I’m flexible about who plays and who doesn’t . Bairstow for example was on the verge of getting dropped for me in t20I and was a monster on the 5th t20I v NZ. Suppose that’s the issue with t20I anyone can come up trumps any moment like Malan’s 103 out of no where the other day and here Iyer after a slow start. But if he bats 5 he has less time to play himself in another variable

Last edited:

vcs

Well he did score a 100 in a test match against Australia so he did face Starc and Cummins
Came in with what 400 runs on the board? Starc with a white ball is a different proposition..

Pant 6(8) not doing a good job of advertising his hitting abilities here. Just give Iyer the strike.

vcs

I’m imagining it. Does it matter? If he hits out or gets out then most of the time RS, KLR and VK bat most the overs and players like H Pandya are waiting in the wings for a hit at the end . It’s only a 20 over game. Are you scared of getting bowled out? Not sure what I’m missing because even if Pant just averages 12 with a 200 SR it doesn’t matter much because number 9 is still hardly ever going to bat ?
Sometimes players don't get out immediately and struggle to 10(20) and then get out.

vcs

I reckon Pant needs to be told to go back and have a long stint in domestix before worrying about getting picked for India again. Needs to add a lot to his game.

Jack1

International Debutant
Threw in another few comments. It’s the difficulty with this how long do u wait before changing . Iyer struggles and does this today. All I’ll say tho it is Bangla minus Sakkkib AH. India need 170 plus or will be watching their back all game. I’ll watch it now and speak later mayb. May the best team win

vcs

Weirdly he’s looked the best in the longest format.
Seems to have got worse steadily though. He wasn't trying to launch everything to cow corner then. Also, maybe he's got worked out by bowlers.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
It is pretty clear that objectively our XI should look like this for the WC. However our selections have not been the greatest in the recent past and I expect some blunders.

Rohit
Rahul
Kohli
Iyer
Karthik (yes, bring him back and play him till next WC,Pant needs to prove he isn't a hack)
Pandya
Sundar/Jadeja
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal/Shami
Bumrah

Shivam Dube can be a welcome addition if he proves his worth.

Shri

Mr. Glass
lol dk no stahp

shaw/gill
rohit
rahul +
kohli
iyer
hardik
jadeja
bhuvi
kuldeep/chahal/sundar
shami
bumrah

Jack1

International Debutant
sun shades off

hahahahaha u bois are really funny

glad u aren't selectors, don't drop a 22 year old now not one with that much potential. but i know u are both low keys trolls anyway, dw . sun shades back on

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
lol dk no stahp

shaw/gill
rohit
rahul +
kohli
iyer
hardik
jadeja
bhuvi
kuldeep/chahal/sundar
shami
bumrah
Liked this team. Keeping with Rahul is not a bad idea.

I know going back to DK is backward looking, but he had looked good in this format, then got picked in the wrong format.

Between, we agree on 10 of the 11 players :) Shaw/ Gill also need opportunities, hope they flourish.