• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in India 2019

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This Dube fella any good?
He looks a promising batsman but would be probably behind a few others on batting alone; he seems to have grabbed the selectors' attention by also bowling some seam up stuff, but it's pus and shouldn't really be a factor internationally IMO.

So Vijay Shankar, more or less. His pus bowling does seem to have been a bit more successful domestically than Shankar's so maybe I'm being harsh but it looks just as pus.

cnerd123

likes this
We've got a world class pace attack and yet the selectors want to force a rubbish medium pace all-rounder into the attack

Just pick 4 quicks and let Jaddu open the batting IMO

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We've got a world class pace attack and yet the selectors want to force a rubbish medium pace all-rounder into the attack

Just pick 4 quicks and let Jaddu open the batting IMO
So you will use we for India and Bangladesh both in same thread even.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhawan should be dropped for a while. Pant will come good eventually.

Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Iyer, Pant, Pandya brothers, Jadeja/Chahal/Kuldeep, Bhuvi, Deepak Chahar, Bumrah should be our best team.
Chahar can bowl all his overs upfront while Bumrah can bowl all his overs at the death while Bhuvi supports them both times.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Rahul, Rohit, Kohli, Iyer, Pant, Pandya brothers, Jadeja/Chahal/Kuldeep, Bhuvi, Deepak Chahar, Bumrah should be our best team.
Chahar can bowl all his overs upfront while Bumrah can bowl all his overs at the death while Bhuvi supports them both times.
I'd definitely consider playing two spinners ahead of Chahar at full strength, especially if Hardik is fully fit. I don't mind him as a player but your spinners are definitely better players.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd definitely consider playing two spinners ahead of Chahar at full strength, especially if Hardik is fully fit. I don't mind him as a player but your spinners are definitely better players.
Yes, in the team I had suggested, there are already 2 spinners, Krunal Pandya with any one of them. Not sure if we will need more than 2 spinners in Australia.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
axar > krunal
True if you just want a straight breaker but he's batting 6/7 in that lineup and is the sixth bowler so you really need more of a batting focus. Axar's batting has been a complete meme internationally; he looks absolutely terrible against good bowlers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
krunal has played 3 fc games and he's 28

not long before he gets worked out as a bat

Jack1

International Debutant

Why not open with Pant in t20i? Just let the dude tee off from ball one? My concern about those two openers, is they start slow generally. If they can get over that then it's no doubt your best opening combo, but sometimes they get stuck in a rut a bit at the beginning

krunal has played 3 fc games and he's 28

not long before he gets worked out as a bat
he will prob maintain those battng stats, its hit and giggle .

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Iyer
Pant
Hitter? Dube? Manish? (Some IPL star?)
Pandya (Jadeja?)
Pandya
Kuldeep
Bowler? Bhuvi? Shami? (Ishat Besharam?)
Bumrah

XI for world cup IMO.

Jack1

International Debutant
Pant - pinch hitter (license from b1)
Sharma
Rahul
Kohli
H Pandya
Jadeja
Sundar
BKumar
Kuldeep
Bumrah

That’s 10 I’m looking for one more hitter and basing my team on conditions and past performance. Pant is told to strike at 200 (hit out or get out license - will come off once or twice)
and if he can’t or doesn’t those 3 to follow will bat most of the overs with HP and J after plus 1 I need to find. I think as a neutral that team looks v hard to beat in aus

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
My wc xi atm

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Rahul
Iyer
Pant
Hardik
Jadeja
Kuldeep/Sundar
Bhuvi/Shami
Bumrah

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Pant - pinch hitter (license from b1)
Sharma
Rahul
Kohli
H Pandya
Jadeja
Sundar
BKumar
Kuldeep
Bumrah

That’s 10 I’m looking for one more hitter and basing my team on conditions and past performance. Pant is told to strike at 200 (hit out or get out license - will come off once or twice)
and if he can’t or doesn’t those 3 to follow will bat most of the overs with HP and J after plus 1 I need to find. I think as a neutral that team looks v hard to beat in aus
Prithvi Shaw is the batsman. 5.

1. Pant (pinch 180+ s/r target from b1 ideally 200)
2. Sharma (attack)
3. Rahul (anchor, time to play himself in if wanted)
4. Kohli (attack/anchor if Rahul goes cheap)
5. Pritvi Shaw (pinch/attack, anchor only in disaster otherwise strike above 130)
6. HPandya (slog)
7. Jadeja (attack)
8. Sundar
9. Kuldeep
10. Kumar B
11. Bumrah

I like this team it feels rigged it is so good on paper. The good thing is it has so much quality in Sharma, Kohli and Rahul how's it ever really going to get in trouble? In that sense as a neutral I don't see the point in Iyer and Dhawan, especially not both.
So I am Surprised so many of you like Iyer and Dhawan tbh. I'm not scared at all of getting bowled out , everyone down to 8 can bat. If 9 comes in then hardly any balls will be left. I moved Kuldeep to 9. I like to maximise the score in limited overs every time, I feel ideally you want to lose all your best batters before/at the last ball, otherwise you aren't maximising the score.

I do feel India have more depth than everyone else, but possibly are afraid to push too hard for strike rate when they select teams which is hindering them from maximising potential as a team. They should be looking at strike rate on fringe batsman above all else in limited overs considering they have Sharma, Rahul and Kohli

I do realise India has a culture of average caring so to speak. If the coaches goes in hard on new players and the group, saying it's all about winning and that a winning team will never be changed (injury dependant) then you get everyone to play hard in their role every game

Last edited: