• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australian Domestic Season 2013/14

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suppose with NSW we have to factor in our bonus 2nd xi games. dhughes obviously would have a massive average if those were considered
Speaking of those, cricketarchive still haven't bothered to upload the scorecards for them this season. Pretty weird given they now keep track of, for example, Illawarra First Grade, Gippsland First Grade and Women's Under 17 pre-season state trials.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Standard is higher in each of them, obv. DHughes making runs shows that the U/17s girls would look like Bradman

:ph34r:

brockley

International Captain
Batsmen are in short demand i am sure another state will pick up Daniel Hughes if we don't offer him a contract,same as Scoot Henry.Hopefully Jake Doran gets a contract,even if its a rookie contract.

adub

International Captain
Batsmen are in short demand i am sure another state will pick up Daniel Hughes if we don't offer him a contract,same as Scoot Henry.
Good, let em. Bats are in way short supply, but these two haven't done anything to make you get into a bidding war over. If C00ps has actually learnt to bat at this level and not just having a flash in the pan season he can come home, as can Prince and Uzi. Might even lower my standards enough to let Forrest back in a blue cap. Outside of that there ain't much to get excited over. You might give Travis Head a look if he wanted a move. Horsehead would be welcome and Burns looks like he might have found his right spot opening. It's pretty thin pickings outside of that. We'll just have to hope Maddinson gets his **** together and Patterson comes good.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Futures League definitely didn't really help this season in finding another batsman either. Here's the list of players who averaged >35 and got out at least twice in the Futures League for NSW this season:

David Dawson
Trent Copeland
Peter Nevill

That just helps oh so much.

I'd suggest pinching Solway off the ACT, as I do on a yearly basis, but even he had a poor Futures League this season and he didn't do much better in ACT grade cricket either.
Young bloke from ACT with an eastern European name made a heap, might be a goer?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
come on vic, tear apart the victorian squad for us

also do you mean Spaseski or Dukoski. or is the plan to take both

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Good, let em. Bats are in way short supply, but these two haven't done anything to make you get into a bidding war over. If C00ps has actually learnt to bat at this level and not just having a flash in the pan season he can come home, as can Prince and Uzi. Might even lower my standards enough to let Forrest back in a blue cap. Outside of that there ain't much to get excited over. You might give Travis Head a look if he wanted a move. Horsehead would be welcome and Burns looks like he might have found his right spot opening. It's pretty thin pickings outside of that. We'll just have to hope Maddinson gets his **** together and Patterson comes good.
Would be surprised if NSW started bringing in guys like Head who weren't from NSW.

They'll probably start sliding Doran in too.

Spikey

cazzulino is on the market.....

doubt nsw take anyone. maybe a bloke like Floros, similar to the Carters signing. even then...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
...what we need is definitely a lower-middle order batsman who bowls. No nearly enough of them as it is.

Spikey

rookie. i think that was the main reason we were all fine with it, when news first broke

...what we need is definitely a lower-middle order batsman who bowls. No nearly enough of them as it is.
let's hear your theories, ****. you know my theory will be the way nsw goes

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It wouldn't surprise me tbh. But there's only so much room in that middle order, unless Copes gets another promotion.

My theory is they stick with the same team more-or-less, perhaps trying to lure Jordan Silk back in the process.

adub

International Captain
Would be surprised if NSW started bringing in guys like Head who weren't from NSW.

They'll probably start sliding Doran in too.
Yeah, wasn't suggesting it (Katich an honourable exception to our grow-your-own policy), just saying the cupboard is pretty bare. Forgot Silkers Silk though. He can come home if he wants.

brockley

International Captain
I think NSW is in a pretty good situation,with what we got and especially if a few ex players come back,would expect Cazulino to come back. When you look at Victoria without Dave Hussey,Tasmania without Doolan and Bailey Rep duties,WA Katich retired,NSW again in the top 2 or 3 for next season. Also wonder what Nathan Hauritz will do if Queensland de list him,back to NSW?