• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

the big bambino

International Captain
i think the point's more that there are disappointing white players (vdd, erwee) as well as black players (zondo) who are getting picked, and it's not as if you can just handwave the poor batting lineup by saying "ohh too many black guys who don't deserve it"
Well De Zorzi's been mentioned as an alternative amongst 3 or 4 others. I'm not sure of their race. But makes you wonder if the selectors would've finally nodded in their direction if they didn't have to include quotas.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did I hear that wrong or did Clarke say one of the reasons Lyon is important is because he creates rough for Mitchell starc? What..

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Well De Zorzi's been mentioned as an alternative amongst 3 or 4 others. I'm not sure of their race. But makes you wonder if the selectors would've finally nodded in their direction if they didn't have to include quotas.
No. The selection policy has been to go for FC experience (white or otherwise) hence the general age of current selection who have hardly any Test experience. They are going along the next in line conveyor belt without thinking ahead or trying to build a team, or giving more talented but less experienced players a chance to find their feet at the Test level.