• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs South Africa -2022/3

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Go have a look at the NZ vs Pak thread to see a miserable pile-on of hate and abuse directed at Michael Bracewell. Starts at page 69 and by page 75 Bahnz admits “We don’t know **** about cricket”.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it’s all pretty bleak here rn. Was going to head out for the morning session before going to a funeral this arvo but might bin the test if it’s still ****ty around 9:30

Flem274*

123/5
Out of curiosity who is the other consistently miserable **** you were referring to
Yes this needs answering

My guess is some obscure NZ poster whose username I recognise but posts I don't recall
Haha multiple people. I'm not referring to overt misery like skyliner but the snarky, negative, cynical, look how smort i am, tear everyone down undercurrent that permeates this subforum outside match threads (and sometimes contaminates them).

Some people don't have it at all, many have a little case, some live in it.

morgieb

Yeah it’s all pretty bleak here rn. Was going to head out for the morning session before going to a funeral this arvo but might bin the test if it’s still ****ty around 9:30
I can't see any play at all today, alas.

I hate this as much as anyone, but Sydney might need to lose it's Test status for it's own good.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can't see any play at all today, alas.

I hate this as much as anyone, but Sydney might need to lose it's Test status for it's own good.
The first week of Jan just seems especially cursed for rain in Sydney - it's not we have a monsoon season or it's a place known for copping rivers of rain all year round. It obviously rains more this general time of year but the first week of Jan specifically always cops it. I'd like to see the stats on thunderstorms third week of February too.

Removing Test status is probably an unnecessary knee-jerk but it's definitely time to end the Sydney New Years Test tradition and move it to earlier in the summer, which is a shame.

morgieb

The first week of Jan just seems especially cursed for rain in Sydney - it's not we have a monsoon season or it's a place known for copping rivers of rain all year round. It obviously rains more this general time of year but the first week of Jan specifically always cops it. I'd like to see the stats on thunderstorms third week of February too.

Removing Test status is probably an unnecessary knee-jerk but it's definitely time to end the Sydney New Years Test tradition and move it to earlier in the summer, which is a shame.
Haha I don't actually think Sydney should lose Test status. That was mostly taking the piss.

But having one Test as a likely washout per summer doesn't do anyone any good.

Spitballing here but does making Sydney a D/N Test to go with Adelaide make more sense for the "Pink Test" as well?

morgieb

Looking at the radar it does seem like after 12 the forecast doesn't look anywhere near as bad.

Whether it'll clear up for long enough to get back on is o/c another question.

TheJediBrah

Regardless of what happens there's not going to be a result, surely. Even SA could bat out a couple of shortened days here with 2 innings.

Gob

International Coach
Don't see much difference in the radar post 12 my self

Then again I don't know how to read the radar

morgieb

Regardless of what happens there's not going to be a result, surely. Even SA could bat out a couple of shortened days here with 2 innings.
I mean they didn't even at Melbourne.

Will need everything to go right here though. Like two full days (which the BOM suggests is possible, but we'll have to wait and see).

Burgey

Yup time for Sydney to lose its prime time spot and be moved to early summer. Horrible weather and city, need to move out of Sydney myself.
Can I pack your bags for you?
You should move from here to Melbourne and improve the average IQ of both cities

morgieb

Don't see much difference in the radar post 12 my self

Then again I don't know how to read the radar
Was more that the big belt of rain should be gone by that point.

Problem is you need at least another two hours to clear things up, and any further interruptions will only hurt.