• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean swepson averages over 40 in list A and MATTY has outperformed him when bowling for the same state, swepson should never have been prioritising international white ball matches.
I mean he's only there because Zamps and Agar are out but he still shouldn't be even 4th choice for white-ball. They should have sent Lyon in to be with the squad, wherever he is.

Recent times show that wrist-spinners are rarely a good bet in Asia unless they are something special, and Swepson is not that special. Bowls too many loose balls.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean he's only there because Zamps and Agar are out but he still shouldn't be even 4th choice for white-ball. They should have sent Lyon in to be with the squad, wherever he is.

Recent times show that wrist-spinners are rarely a good bet in Asia unless they are something special, and Swepson is not that special. Bowls too many loose balls.
I think his loose balls are more down to the selectors forcing him into white ball squads ever since he came back from his neck injury. He's struggled to nit 2 consecutive Redball appearances together and it shows in his recent returns.

TheJediBrah

Jon Holland is another one who is a lot more likely to succeed in Asia than Swepson. He did got to SL last time and wasn't very good . . . but I think he had a broken fingernail or something :ph34r:

TheJediBrah

Sri Lanka does look like a beautiful place, and the people seem very nice too. Worth a trip, and reassuringly I'm sure the chances of bumping into Migara are quite low.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith seems to be in decent batting rhythm.
Nice jinx. On a sidenote it seems like smith did something to his hammy while running a 2 today. Not sure on how bad it is, bad would be really rough if smith missed the test tour because he got injured playing a JAMODI.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
And people say I am lenient with the usage of ATG... :laugh:
3500 runs @35 and a sr of 125 with match winning knocks all over the world and a defining role in a WC winning campaign in the format isn't enough to put you in the running for ATG status? Jos buttler often gets called an ATG, Maxis batting contributions aren't far off, and he's also a far better fielder than Jos while offering a few overs.

TheJediBrah

As an all-round ODI player Maxy is pretty great . . . ATG might be a stretch though. He spent a year or 2 dropped from the team not long ago lol

T20s he is for sure