• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Molehill

International Captain
I went to bed with NZ on 47-0 after about 17 overs. I was wondering if Cummins had made the right decision to bowl. A few had gone past the outside edge, but it didn't look a minefield. Like wtf happened? NZ bowled out in less than 30 overs after that???

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I went to bed with NZ on 47-0 after about 17 overs. I was wondering if Cummins had made the right decision to bowl. A few had gone past the outside edge, but it didn't look a minefield. Like wtf happened? NZ bowled out in less than 30 overs after that???
Karma for picking Kuggeleijn, IMO.

And Australia (Hazelwood in particular) were outstanding. But mainly the Kuggeleijn thing.

Molehill

International Captain
Karma for picking Kuggeleijn, IMO.

And Australia (Hazelwood in particular) were outstanding. But mainly the Kuggeleijn thing.
It kind of made me laugh seeing Southee and Williamson with their kids at the start of play for their 100th Test (I'm still not sure this is really necessary). That lovely family image that the Black Caps give off.........and then Kuggeleijn appears!!

King Kane

International Debutant
We could do with another South African left arm pace bowler with Wagner retiring.

"Hey Marco forget about the Joburg Super Kings come and play for the Otago Volts".

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It really doesn't.
Yeah, it doesn't at all
Yeah not sure who you're watching
Look I know you all hate Kuggeleijn because of his being an absolutely horrid person, but let's not be wilfully blind. Their timing and approach angle are a bit different, but their gathers and general arm positions are quite similar. The resemblance was immediately obvious the first time I saw footage of Sears bowling.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
We could do with another South African left arm pace bowler with Wagner retiring.

"Hey Marco forget about the Joburg Super Kings come and play for the Otago Volts".
He's awfully young, & barely made his domestic debut, but young Ewald Schreuder is one to look at. Got McConchie on List A debut. Haven't heard much from him since.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia: Lose the toss and bowl; bowl nz out for 162, 124/4 trailing by 38 at the end of the day.

Headline: Smith sinks to 10 year low as Aussies exposed.

Like are these journos watching the same game we are?
We have high standards

Molehill

International Captain
Australia: Lose the toss and bowl; bowl nz out for 162, 124/4 trailing by 38 at the end of the day.

Headline: Smith sinks to 10 year low as Aussies exposed.

Like are these journos watching the same game we are?
Won the toss didn't they?

Smith getting exposed as a poor opener was thoroughly predictable though. He may want to contact Zak for some advice....

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Look I know you all hate Kuggeleijn because of his being an absolutely horrid person, but let's not be wilfully blind. Their timing and approach angle are a bit different, but their gathers and general arm positions are quite similar. The resemblance was immediately obvious the first time I saw footage of Sears bowling.
Haha I don't actually hate him, I just don't want him in the side. And I don't see much at all similar with him and Sears. Scott is more round arm, for a start. Sears is more chest on and used his height better