• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha him hitting his pad has saved him twice there; one because it obviously was the source of the noise but also because if the bat face doesn't close as a result, he's nicking that straight to second slip

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1/61 is a perfectly fine return for the first session if it's used as a platform to become more assertive after lunch. Instead the opposite has happened
But wickets can fall yet if you'd read the comments you'd think we were nailed on for 400.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I remember Shaun Marsh when out-of-form looking like he never held a bat before, and Head’s not looking much better. Even in the 20/20s, it seemed forced.

Spark

Global Moderator
I remember Shaun Marsh when out-of-form looking like he never held a bat before, and Head’s not looking much better. Even in the 20/20s, it seemed forced.
He always looks like that tbf.

But yeah I'm with morgie. Our #3 stinking it up so hard is by a mile the biggest problem with the batting order right now.

Spark

Global Moderator
Rob Quiney or Alex Doolan?

Who knows but surely someone else deserves a shot now?
Ah, yes, well...

Renshaw is the next in line and he's not exactly in great nick either (and almost certainly isn't as good). McSweeney is probably the name that gets thrown around after that for a middle order spot but he's fallen off a cliff in the last two months, so he's probably out. And then...

King Kane

International Debutant
Marsh is capable of turning this around with a counter attack like he did with a ton in the last Ashes series, we need to get him early before he gets set.