• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's an interesting wicket, the odd thing to me is despite the flurry of wickets it still looks quite easy-paced. Nothing like the Basin that would rear from a length anyway. Think it's a pitch that provides enough assistance if you bowl the right length and bend your back. Otherwise you get nothing.

I also wonder if these Kookaburras have stronger seams than the ones a few seasons ago, which would die after 15 overs. Still a little seam movement here with a 66 over old ball.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Poor Sears. Been an okay debut and then runs into the tailender swinging for the fence scenario that can undo even the best

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the same guy who had two sluggish innings in the WC. Now, he's flinging his wood at everything.
Carry on brave soldier.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was time.

The confounding factor though, is that he still would've been preferable to Kuggeleijn and would've had no less zip than Southee this series.
I mean, much like the SP has been pretty much unbowlable in the 2nd Basin innings and 1st innings here, let us not forget that Wagner was also in that kind of state against Sri Lanka last summer. He bowled only 10 first innings overs (going at over 6s) - half as many as the next seamer - Tickner. 2nd innings he was injured, but he was awful in the 1st innings there.

Better than the SP? No doubt. Good enough? Nah.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I also wonder if these Kookaburras have stronger seams than the ones a few seasons ago, which would die after 15 overs. Still a little seam movement here with a 66 over old ball.
I do think the balls have been better the past few seasons, but it's hard to come to a firm conclusion because the pitches here in Australia (were I do 95% of my watching) have also been much, much grassier which helps the ball last longer anyway.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Was it purely that Henry was mis-used and not given a run in the side early on or is he just a different bowler now?