• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Nice review. It happens fairly often, the tiny snick you can sometimes hear on the stump mike that the fielders don't appeal for.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
So to entertain myself while the NZ cricket team self immolates, I've done anagrams of their names:

Tom LathamA malt moth
Will YoungYou'll win, G
Kane WilliamsonI kill sane woman
Rachin RavindraRad van I ran rich
Darryl MitchellDry camel thrill
Tom BlundellBlond mullet
Glenn PhillipsShlepping 'n' ill*
Scott KuggeleijnGet no justice**
Matt HenryRent my hat
Tim SoutheeTime he's out
Ben SearsSeen bars

*This one was really hard. Best I could come up with.
** There were some letters left over. I don't care.
Glenn Phillips = Hi leg spin pill

thundaboult

International Debutant
Is it just me or has blundell done nothing since the england series last year? don't see many criticizing him in media

King Kane

International Debutant
If we can get the Aussies 4 or 5 wickets down by stumps we are right back in it.

We might need to borrow Hazlewood to do that though.

thundaboult

International Debutant
cant wait for tim southees 120km swingers

man kuggs has done an amazing job so far hasn't he, really tellin the selectors why he should be picked every single test

sarcasm aside, genuinely excited to watch henry and sears bowl

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being fair, that was a brute of a ball to get first up. Would've cleaned up much better batsmen than SP. Funny, though.
When I became an even worse player as I got older and dropped down the order, I had a ritual of telling myself to watch for yorkers first up. Just about the worst ball to cop first up.

King Kane

International Debutant
cant wait for tim southees 120km swingers

man kuggs has done an amazing job so far hasn't he, really tellin the selectors why he should be picked every single test

sarcasm aside, genuinely excited to watch henry and sears bowl
Hopefully Sears can step up and get a couple of wickets like O'Rourke did in the first innings of the last test.

With Boult and Wagner retired from tests and Southee getting to the end of the road we need our young quicks to show they belong at test level.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Henry a fraction short so far. Much like the Aus bowlers early on before Cummins' first spell set them right.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Give. Haze. His. Flowers.
Hazlewood now is the leading wicket taker this year.

28 Test wickets at 11.67

His career bowling average has now dipped under 25, last time that was the case for Hazlewood was 4th March 2017 vs India.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Re: the Henry wicket, did anyone actually appeal originally? Not sure that should have been given /gerardabood

King Kane

International Debutant
Southee bowling some great outswingers to Smith but he is swinging it too much to get the edge.

Henry beating the bat too but no luck for us there either.