• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Squad must be due to be named this week...let's see. They haven't gone back to the Scott K well since last summer, despite insisting at the time it was a good selection (it wasn't).

Flem274*

123/5
Kuggs, Tickner and Duffy all seem to alternate between good and bad seasons. It's killed their chances until now.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
looking at that table smith, fisher and Clarke stand out as youngsters with very good strike rates. The things i would do to see Matt fisher get a test cap
With a bit of work (his economy isn't great, & needs work), I think he could debut in 2 years or less. That 4-fer he got vs India A at Chinnaswamy after only one FC season was eyebrow-raising.

I definitely could see him tour Aus in 2026-7.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Well, we all know who the selectors will pick if they opt for 4 quicks

Yeah, I think I prefer Santner.
In the UAE T20 league and appears to be doing pretty well but presumably unavailable as a result. He did well in that A tour series win over Aus A so would probably otherwise have been odds on for a call-up although like Tickner hasn't featured in any squads this season.

Part of me would like to see Foulkes but it would probably be too risky to toss him in against the world champs.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In the UAE T20 league and appears to be doing pretty well but presumably unavailable as a result. He did well in that A tour series win over Aus A so would probably otherwise have been odds on for a call-up although like Tickner hasn't featured in any squads this season.

Part of me would like to see Foulkes but it would probably be too risky to toss him in against the world champs.
The ILT20 finishes tomorrow, so plenty of time for him to fly back for the tests.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I've heard of preparing excuses beforehand but this is bordering on the ridiculous
Our best bowler is out injured and our 2nd best batsman's performances have dropped off a cliff. Our captain and notional spearhead can't buy a wicket and asides from Mitchell the rest of the batting is either very inexperienced or has failed against this tier of opposition. I know Marnus and Head have been struggling lately, but nothing like what Conway has been going through.

I still think NZ are a chance to be competitive, but NZ's batting is MASSIVELY dependent on KW right now, arguably more than it has been at any point in the past decade. Australia are heavier favorites than I was expecting them to be a month ago.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I've heard of preparing excuses beforehand but this is bordering on the ridiculous
This is rich given the cowardly dribble you were spouting last week.

"Even if NZ do fluke a win, it doesn't count because we aren't going to be mentally up for it because it's so easy!"

Some serious player comparisons subbie material that. Don't bring that **** in here. If you declare Alex Carey isn't a fulltime wicketkeeper or start removing all the Australian overseas hundreds to prove they can't score overseas hundreds, we might have to send you to live on a farm as a kindness.

Flem274*

123/5
Hurricane evidently hasn't seen us bat recently. Sure there's been some decent performances but we've hardly been crushing the opposition.
I learnt my lesson in the 2015 double header test series, went into 2019-20 with no expectations and was still amazed at how NZ succeeded in not meeting them.

At this point I'll take everyone making it through the series alive, which probably means Tom Blundell will be hit by a falling piano on his way to the ground.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think this might be a closer and more exciting series than you guys think. I wonder who will considered the nicer captain though - Big Daddy Kane or Pat The Environmentalist.