• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Flametree

International 12th Man
It was disorienting seeing Starc be so much more economical than Hazlewood so good to see things starting to revert to the right order...

Spark

Global Moderator
This commentary is rough to listen to. Brendon Julian as usual making a ton of basic observational errors and the colour commentator just won't stop talking and let the vision speak for itself.

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
This commentary is rough to listen to. Brendon Julian as usual making a ton of basic observational errors and the colour commentator just won't stop talking and let the vision speak for itself.
would love ponting in the comms his analysis for me is second to none and is also i NZ at the moment playing golf

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
TV. Obviously talking to fill time isn't an issue on radio.

Getting basic **** wrong is always a problem though.
I figured. Our TV comms are garbage, with a few exceptions. Apparently, reacting to events on the field by gibbering like a baboon is acceptable in comparison with using, y'know, words.

King Kane

International Debutant
I'm resisting the urge to talk up Phillips and Blundell to avoid jinxing them but they have gone alright since tea.

We're still a long way from getting back into this game but at least they are making the score look a bit more respectable.

Surely they could have got someone better than him, maybe the likes of Mark Waugh, Gilchrist or Ponting cost too much and they got BJ cheaper.

Haddin probably wouldn't cost much either, he's probably just greatful to get a commentary gig and a free flight over.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Darren gough :laugh:
That got me as well. Everything he says you have to question. Started the stint saying “Phillips is driving beautifully” and I'm only half-watching but practically every run I’ve seen Philips score has been behind the wicket.