• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
Nah, the Aussie side is far superior, as they always are, and will bury NZ as they always do.

Then, as they always do, Kiwi supporters will refuse to accept that their side is just objectively inferior and try to blame the loss on some Australia-specific psychological issue
Probably all true. However I hope we scrap. Ricky Pointing once said about us that our players had poorer resumes than the Australians sides he captained but that the Kiwis gave it 100 percent and that he always had to gear up his charges to be equally as motivated to avoid a boil over under his captaincy.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah we've got our excuse lined up, and as for most things it's climate change. It's been stupid hot and dry for the last month, with things set to only get worse as February drags on. There'll be zero swing, the decks will dry up faster than my old tinder matches after a couple lines of conversation, and Lyon will have a grand old time. If Pat cared as much about the environment as he claims, he'd forfeit the series and switch his allegiance to New Zealand. Hypocrit.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, the Aussie side is far superior, as they always are, and will bury NZ as they always do.

Then, as they always do, Kiwi supporters will refuse to accept that their side is just objectively inferior and try to blame the loss on some Australia-specific psychological issue
Haddin abusing every dismissed batsman in the 2015 WC final was the kindest thing that's been inflicted on NZ cricket by Aus in the past 10 years if you ask me.

Flem274*

123/5
Haddin abusing every dismissed batsman in the 2015 WC final was the kindest thing that's been inflicted on NZ cricket by Aus in the past 10 years if you ask me.
Haha Haddin. It's always the blokes who have to hide behind the better players who run their mouths. He made Henry Nicholls look like Bradman away from home.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
Haddin was a under rated glovesman. He is mainly remembered for running his mouth at anyone and everyone including his own Mum probably, but he really was a great technical glovesman. I liked his work. Not as good as Healy but far better than Gilchrist.

Flem274*

123/5
Haddin was a under rated glovesman. He is mainly remembered for running his mouth at anyone and everyone including his own Mum probably, but he really was a great technical glovesman. I liked his work. Not as good as Healy but far better than Gilchrist.
He couldn't adjust with the gloves away from home. Shelled a fair few he should have taken.

He was mid and raised himself to test level through picking scraps. Adam Parore and Dion Nash used similar tactics to motivate themselves.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilchrist was a far better keeper than Haddin IMO. Haddin really had hard hands at times and relied a ton on athleticism rather than technique.

His dropping of Root in the first hour of the 2015 Ashes arguably was the difference in that series.
The Neil Broom incident was pretty poor technique too, IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't know how Neil Broom cruised through the A team setup without anyone discovering he frequently missed straight balls.

In the end, the FC average of 39 generally reflects he was a tier below the guys who were truly too good for FC cricket.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Holy crap, just realised Australia's last tour of NZ was 8 years ago and last time they played was 4 years ago in Aus.

What's up with that when Aus has played WI and Pak twice in last 2 years 😞
Last time I went to see Australia play a test match here was the test tour before last. I remember I got a call during the day of the test from a recruitment agency about a job I might be interested in. I’ve now been working at that company for 14 years.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The Neil Broom incident was pretty poor technique too, IMO.
Lol I'd completely forgotten about that.

Neil Broom actually thought it looked suss at the time but didn't have the balls to stand his ground.

TheJediBrah

Gilchrist was definitely a better keeper than Haddin, not sure what you're smoking. Haddin wasn't ever anything special as a keeper anyway, he was good but not amazing. It was his batting that was supposed to be the big selling point but while he did pretty well he rarely showed his best. Personally I think Haddin missed his peak years (2000-2008) out of the side behind Gilchrist and made up the rest of his career the best he could but that's another discussion

TheJediBrah

Gilchrist was a far better keeper than Haddin IMO. Haddin really had hard hands at times and relied a ton on athleticism rather than technique.

His dropping of Root in the first hour of the 2015 Ashes arguably was the difference in that series.
This is true. Tbf by 2015 Haddin was well and truly done and I think he was actually dropped the next game after that

Edit: didn't realise but I looked it up, Haddin was 37 in 2015, turning 38. Definitely played on a lot longer than he would have if he didn't miss so many years sitting behind Gilchrist IMO