• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yes game looks destined for a draw.

no way west indies even give Australia a sniff of victory with a positive declaration.

best chance of a result either way is Australia make 100 or so tomorrow, then West Indies collapse leaving Australia chasing 250 on the last day.
Yeah that seems to be about the only way, doesn't it? If Australia bats til tea tomorrow (not a given by any stretch) you'd think it will peter out to a pretty tame draw.

Spikey

Indeed.

Typical Watson innings - rapped on the pads early, runs someone out, then goes onto to look awesome for 35-50 runs before duly throwing it away with a nothing shot (or no shot).

Calls for his head are massively exaggerated but it is getting a bit tiresome.
he wasn't on 50 and it didn't go to gully, so i'm not sure how typical it was

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
That run out was deadset disgusting. How many times now has Watson sold out a batting partner with his running between wickets?

Spikey

That run out was deadset disgusting. How many times now has Watson sold out a batting partner with his running between wickets?
6 times he's been batting when the other guy has been run-out. I look forward to the Rob video.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was Watson's run out of Ponting that bad that it deserved its own article in the Fairfax newspapers?

uvelocity

International Coach
I didn't stay up and watch, but I read its our first run out since watson was run out in the last match of the previous ashes. Can't be right surely?!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I went to sleep at lunch, but I wasn't surprised at all to see Watson fall straight after the resumption, it was typical and Pews was right that Roach would get him.

Watson and Cowan are both averaging on the wrong side of 40, it's kind of sad that we don't really have many batsman around the country capable of performing better. I still think that Khawaja would do a better job to what Cowan is doing, but his stats for NSW don't suggest that.

Hopefully Hussey and Wade can build on their partnership on day 4 - looking forward to seeing how the Windies approach their second innings batting, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sammy used as a pinch hitter as they'll need quick runs to force a result.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was Watson's run out of Ponting that bad that it deserved its own article in the Fairfax newspapers?
TBH I don't think it was as bad on Watto's part as it's been blown up to be; during the first run I swear Watto called for two, and had they kept running rather than dancing about mid-pitch, I reckon Shane would've made it to the striker's end. Ponting may have been in trouble at the non-strikers end but if they'd committed I reckon they would've made it.

That said, Watto definitely should've looked up after the first run.

Burgey

Two quick wickets and the Windies will end up leasing by a hundred and plenty. Tail is long and Bishoo can do a number in them.

Akooza

Cricket Spectator
Morning Guys...Would love to finish up the Aussies Before lunch....He should have givin Bishoo a run with the old ball tho but oh well.....WE ARE THE WEST INDIES!!!:D