• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Ruckus

International Captain
Hmm so sounds like the rest of the days play post-lunch was just about as dull? Looking at the cricinfo commentary though it looks like Watson was getting the ball to do a fair bit. Would actually like to know how Watson does it; how does he consistently get movement off the deck when seemingly nobody else can? I also yearn for the day when he doesn't actually show up our frontline bowlers.

Spark

Global Moderator
Perfect seam presentation and a pace which is tailor-made to swing the ball. That's really it.

Ruckus

International Captain
Perfect seam presentation and a pace which is tailor-made to swing the ball. That's really it.
From what I saw on the commentary it sounded more like it was seam movement off the deck though - and I've seen him do that many times before on very flat, slow wickets. Yeah it must be to do with his pace and the natural angles he gets or something, because a good seam presentation can't be the explanation in itself.

Ruckus

International Captain
Seam presentation = he hits the seam almost all the time, which is the point.
yeah lol I get that...the others were bowling with a good seam presentation as well, but weren't getting the same movement...hence it must be more than that.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My highlight of my sleep was finding out that Siddle skipped clear of Carl Hooper with his 115th Test wicket!

Moves into equal 129th spot with Geoff Hey Arnold.