• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

Stapel

International Regular
Haha cool. I don't think I'll get to see any Cricket on my honeymoon. Where in The Netherlands do you live?
's-Gravenhage, also known as Den Haag or The Hague.

Please say Amsterdam. Please say Amsterdam. Please say Amsterdam.
Why? What is this Amsterdam crap? Bunch of **** is Amsterdam!

Sure, a very nice cricket field, but planes come over every 5 minutes :( .

Stapel

International Regular
You play cricket in the Hague? Reckon I could've been a pro at your club last year.
Sure I play cricket in The Hague, but no, you have not been a pro for my club, since we have none. I play for Groen-Geel. Where did you go then? HCC, Quick, or possibly VCC?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure I play cricket in The Hague, but no, you have not been a pro for my club, since we have none. I play for Groen-Geel. Where did you go then? HCC, Quick, or possibly VCC?
Nah I mean I could have been, but did not. And VCC indeed.

Stapel

International Regular
KB needs to learn the concept of scoring runs IMO. Other than that he's good to go
Hmmm, I think we've seen too many opening batsmen being quick-firing low-averaging nothing cricketers. I like this! Wear out the bowlers. Frustrate them. Wait for the freebees!

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Hmmm, I think we've seen too many opening batsmen being quick-firing low-averaging nothing cricketers. I like this! Wear out the bowlers. Frustrate them. Wait for the freebees!
I know, but the problem is he's not all that great at punishing the bad balls. He's not in Cook or Trott territory yet

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Gotta love Siddle though. Unlike most quickies he actually gets better/more consistent as the day wears on. Top bowler.

Stapel

International Regular
I know, but the problem is he's not all that great at punishing the bad balls. He's not in Cook or Trott territory yet
Quite right! But......,

He's 19! I'm quite impressed by his calmness. IMHO, punishing bad balls is easier to learn, as the years go by, than leaving or blocking! So far, I'm happy to see this. Proper Test opener.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not about punishing the bad balls, it's as simple as him needing to be able to rotate the strike more to bring his team mates into the game and take the pressure off himself. This may be playing with softer hands so you can drop and run more or looking to turn a straight defence into a push into covers for a single.

Cricket isn't a boundary or dot game.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
It's not about punishing the bad balls, it's as simple as him needing to be able to rotate the strike more to bring his team mates into the game and take the pressure off himself. This may be playing with softer hands so you can drop and run more or looking to turn a straight defence into a push into covers for a single.

Cricket isn't a boundary or dot game.
I'm not claiming it is. I'm simply impressed by this 19 year old's calmness. It's a rarity in itself!