• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Sri Lanka

Craig

World Traveller
PY said:
Well well well, the cricketing world appears to have turned on it's head. ;)

Australia whittled out for 120 and England bowl out West Indies for 47 and win by 10 wickets. :lol:

The power has shifted, there is a new world leader....8D :P :D
Then again it could go to New Zealand or South Africa.

The Southern Hempishere continues to dominate :D :D

Well done to Murali getting 500 Test scalps. I wonder if the kids at the ground were given the opportunity of going and see Murali brake 500 wickets when he got closer?

Anyway it must be a concern for Australia that they are getting low scores in two straight first innings.

I know I will be told and this is the casual bystander mentalitly that they are winning and who cares, but it is how they are winning and if they are not firing it can cost them.

If Sri Lanka take note of this they have the chance to hammer home this point.

If you are winning by a couple of runs or winning by a few wickets in hand chasing not many, would you say we are winning and who cares?

tooextracool

International Coach
OMG what a surprise...gilchrist fails again!!:(
another duck...i still have my bet on that hes not gonna reach a 50 in this entire series(ATM he'll be lucky to get to double figs)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finally the international cricketing public are seeing what they should have been seeing for the last year or so - KASPROWICZ IN FULL FLIGHT. It was beyond me why the Aussie selectors wer perservering with uncappable bowlers like Williams, Bracken & the out of form bowlers in Lee & Bichel. Who needs Glenn McGrath?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Anyway it must be a concern for Australia that they are getting low scores in two straight first innings.

you would think that they would want to play Katich, a better 4d batsman than Symonds - more consistant too...

scrumpy

Cricket Spectator
Linda said:
So are the boys both on 501 then?

Also, I wonder if this could be the downfall of Andrew Symonds' Test career... I mean I like the guy in ODIs and I know its only his second Test, but I can't see him having a long and inspiring Test career to be honest. He just doesnt fit the bill, and theres plenty of people waiting in line.

I`m surprised to see Symonds in ahead of Katich. Didn`t Katich just make a load of runs against the Indian spinners?

Sri Lanka 53 for 4, this is starting to look like a three day Test I`m afraid.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
this coule be over tomorrow, nice work Warnie :):):)

you dont see this sort of thing to often...

Australia 120
Sri Lanka 68/6 (26.2 ov)

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
SL 7/92 at the end of the day. Good fightback by Australia after being out for 120. If they get a lead, it won't be much. C'Mon Aussies!!:D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks as though its going to be a 1 innings shootout, and i don't think there are many who can match it with the aussies when it comes to that....

Kenny

U19 Debutant
PY said:
Well well well, the cricketing world appears to have turned on it's head. ;)

Australia whittled out for 120 and England bowl out West Indies for 47 and win by 10 wickets. :lol:

The power has shifted, there is a new world leader....8D :P :D
And what say you now, with Sri Lanka at 7 - 92, oh great soothsayer?

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Don't judge Symonds too harshly. 6 isn't too bad on a day where one batsman scored more than 18. Hayden might have been a bit lucky but batted well to get 54. The ball was seaming all over the place.

The game may go for longer than you think. With dry weather the pitch will dry out and the batting will be easier.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Is it just me or is anyone else really glad to see pitch conditions really favaourable for bowling?

I love seeing tests in conditions like this. It really sorts out the good batsmen from the flat track bullies.

Cactus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Go MURALI!!!.....for reaching the 500 wicket club. i happen to be in SL at the moment and was lucky enough to be at the match yesterday, and i can asuure you that the amount of noise there was when the 500th wicket was taken was CRAZY!!!!!:D

i'm back in colombo and people are still making toasts to him!!!

even though sri lanka didn't have the best of starts, the party is still continuing on full throttle!!!:D

Craig

World Traveller
age_master said:
you would think that they would want to play Katich, a better 4d batsman than Symonds - more consistant too...
And much more suited to that form of the game.