• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Spark

Global Moderator
Deserved wicket. Had him on a string the previous over.

Spinners doing the business for us... when was the last time we could say that?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't they should risk leaking runs to the new batsmen to get them going. I say let Smith and a few off the other weaker bowlers bowl until they get set and they let Cummins lose on them.
He's got one over on Duminy all tour so far, it'd just be a move to mess with him. Plus, Doherty's been pretty meh anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
well that's one way to face your second ball

meanwhile clarke screams at mitch a little

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
As a batsman he's a rung below all of these. As a batting allrounder he's second only to Sobers.

I think it's fair to say that he's probably a little underrated as a complete package. I'm sure though that he would have made any test side in the world during his career. He's just not quite as good of a batsman as the absolute upper tier.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He averages higher than most, although admittedly in an era when run scoring is at it's highest, but he still averages higher than Tendulkar, Ponting and Lara.

Have a look at this stat: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;innings_number=3;innings_number=4;orderby=batting_average;qualmin1=20;qualval1=innings;template=results;type=batting

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if the hotspot shows something before the ball passes or if it's in the background in the earlier frame