• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Really, if I didn't have uni tomorrow (or rather later today) I'd stay up all night going through every post bragging about an Australian win (most of them by Demolition Man :ph34r: )and just quote them for fun. :D

EDIT: Seems like Liam is doing it for me :p

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, I can't really put too much blame on anyone but Lewis. Clark can be blamed too. The ground was a road...you would have predicted a high score my S.A. but that man pretty much gifted the game to S.A. On the batting side, Gibbs was great, but he was also VERY lucky. So were a lot of their batters, pretty much every nick went for a four...

Unbelievable...I'm still ****ed off

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
It wasn't the best ODI of all time (the bowling wasn't good enough, for one), but it was certainly the most surprising match I've ever seen.
Exactly, two of the most agressive batting displays but you must take the bowling and wicket into account.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
Those who say its still an open game - Benchy, Marc - why don't you bet your avatar if you are so ******* confident it's game of either one of the two teams still.

Australia wins we change the avatar of the two of you.
RSA wins, you change the avatar of all of us who think Australia will win.
Own up, who thought Australia were going to win?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
chaminda_00 said:
Man this is joke, Australia is going to score 450 odd and no one is going to break Murali's record :cry:
True, but then you forgot about South Africa's innings and Mick Lewis' bowling ;)

what a win Proteas!!!!!

unluck aussies but you were only just outclassed by SA!!

great batting everyone in the match and yes it was a batting wicket but so was the pitch which had the record before so it is an outstanding batting performance!!

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Really, if I didn't have uni tomorrow (or rather later today) I'd stay up all night going through every post bragging about an Australian win (most of them by Demolition Man :ph34r: )and just quote them for fun. :D

EDIT: Seems like Liam is doing it for me :p
This should be good
* demolition man puts his life on hold *:yawn:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Demolition Man said:
I do believe Darren Lehman was the last captian of Australia, get your facts straight.
Who said anything about the LAST captain of Australia?

I was referring to the entire Ashes 2005 series when Ponting demonstrated his total incompetence in just about every way imaginable. The only time 'correct' decisions were made from an Australian perspective were when he asked Warne for help. Shane Warne is Australia's test captain in everything but name.

Don't get me wrong - I think that Ponting is a magnificent batsman, but so many times in the last 12 months he has proved to be a complete and utter liability on the diplomacy and captaincy front, both on the field and off it.

howardj

International Coach
Honestly - Ricky Ponting's captaincy cost Australia that game. To bowl out Mick Lewis was the worst piece of judgement I've seen in a long time. Not in hindsight either - after seven overs, he'd conceded 73 runs; after 8 overs, he'd conceded 85. Meanwhile, Clarke and Symonds - by taking the pace off the ball - had conceded at least 4 runs an over less.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
If you say no you are BSing or delussional. If they played the match again right now another ten times I would back the aussies every time. They lost the unloseable. Thanks Mick.

Loony BoB

International Captain
With everyone blaming Lewis, I'd have to say that Ponting made more wrong decisions than Lewis did. Including the decision to bowl Lewis.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Who said anything about the LAST captain of Australia?

I was referring to the entire Ashes 2005 series when Ponting demonstrated his total incompetence in just about every way imaginable. The only time 'correct' decisions were made from an Australian perspective were when he asked Warne for help. Shane Warne is Australia's test captain in everything but name.

Don't get me wrong - I think that Ponting is a magnificent batsman, but so many times in the last 12 months he has proved to be a complete and utter liability on the diplomacy and captaincy front, both on the field and off it.
You are preaching to the choir, pontings captiancy in the ashes was one of the reasons we lost. he is a pathetic captian. I thought he was improving but today he relapsed.