• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Both of those wickets were **** by the Aussies. It's really not moving much at all.
Yeah I was being jerky about the swing. It was only swinging a lot from wide of the stumps in Vern's first over. Been just enough seam movement though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That Burns dismissal was exactly the type of ball that he struggles with. Watch the video of Boland dismissing him in the Shield match last week, it is a major flaw which is why I wouldn't have picked him to open. I would have went with Khawaja opening tbh and Smith at 3.

Love how Abbott is opening, big fan of his.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's nipping around a bit but the dismissals themselves were bad. Ffs it's Test cricket, first morning should expect a little movement.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree with him tbh. The ball is seaming everywhere, you're just as likely to edge a forward defense than a wide slash. It's the classic "looks bad when you get out" kind of shot.
Match last 450 overs but it's ok to have a slog in over 1 because the ball is moving said noone ever

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Match last 450 overs but it's ok to have a slog in over 1 because the ball is moving said noone ever
Lol it's the same sort of shot he would play in the first over almost every game if it's there to hit, and he averages almost 50 doing it

He was just unfortunate that he nicked it this time. Literally just "looks bad" because he got out, if he hit it for 4 everyone would be praising him no end.

How is this not obvious?

Starfighter

Sorry, they've no business going off in this light drizzle. Heck, it's barely drizzle. There's pretty much nothing on the radar. Harden up you nancies.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How highly does everyone rate Ferguson in these conditions? I don't consider him to be anything special, The tough conditions that I think of him as a good bat is on the tacky tracks that hold up a bit.

Gnske

How highly does everyone rate Ferguson in these conditions? I don't consider him to be anything special, The tough conditions that I think of him as a good bat is on the tacky tracks that hold up a bit.
If it does flatten out and Smith/Khawaja/Voges can do some work I think he can thrive. Can't recall any notable knocks from Fergo in heavily swinging conditions.

I suppose its a good thing Khawaja has a very famous knock from when Blundstone was at all time meme level of destroying batsmen's averages.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Love how Abbott is opening, big fan of his.
Imagine the reaction in Australia if we picked two guys who bowl 130s but move it around like Philander and Abbott, over a guy like Morkel who can send down 150k bouncers. And then to not give the new ball to the fastest bowler, there'd be a royal commission ffs.

It typifies our attitude to cricket, don't adapt and play to the conditions, just play the "Australian way"

Starfighter

Well Voges lasted even less time than I thought. Are we going to reach 100 here?

No doubt if we were bowling we'd be bowling too short and wide.