• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** Official **** Australia in South Africa 2020

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
In the context of the series, where Short was given an opportunity to build towards the WT20, and really, I think Kane played yesterday for a similar reason, I do think it's a bit odd that Abbott didn't stay for the OD series and that Kane played.
Honestly I agree. Not about the batting, but I would have had him there if I was in charge of selection

Heboric

International Debutant
I know about the documentary m8. Just don't see the relevance. Also love the irony of being lectured about the importance of representing your country the team whose every second decent player ****s off to play Country cricket or T20 circuits in their prime.
Really you are going there

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Actually Mitchell starc is only the 8th best white ball bowler, he is not even the best Australian white ball bowler, that is Patrick cummins
Na Starc is comfortably better at odis and t20is. Left arm and being able to swing the new ball at pace counts a hell of a lot while consistency is a bit less important than in test cricket

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Na Starc is comfortably better at odis and t20is. Left arm and being able to swing the new ball at pace counts a hell of a lot while consistency is a bit less important than in test cricket
Mitchell starc odi ranking in the bowl is 10, Patrick cummancummins is 5.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Mitchell starc odi ranking in the bowl is 10, Patrick cummancummins is 5.
Means **** all to be quite honest

Starc was the leading wicket taker in the last two odi world cups and averages 22 with the ball. Cummins averages 28 and was pretty mediocre (compared to Starc and by his Test abilities anyway)

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Means **** all to be quite honest

Starc was the leading wicket taker in the last two odi world cups and averages 22 with the ball. Cummins averages 28 and was pretty mediocre (compared to Starc and by his Test abilities anyway)
World Cup nearly year ago rankings accurate to now.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
World Cup nearly year ago rankings accurate to now.
So we're just going to ignore overall records and games that actually matter in favour of a table that generally ranks current form then? I suppose we can also just say that Dawid Malan is a better t20i batsman than Kohli as well (in fact Kohli hardly just makes it into the top ten and is worse than Hazratullah Zazai)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's pretty clear to anyone who actually follows cricket that Starc is a better ODI bowler than Cummins, rankings notwithstanding.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
So we're just going to ignore overall records and games that actually matter in favour of a table that generally ranks current form then? I suppose we can also just say that Dawid Malan is a better t20i batsman than Kohli as well (in fact Kohli hardly just makes it into the top ten and is worse than Hazratullah Zazai)
Yeah it sounds right. Virat kohli is overrated choker.