• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** Official **** Australia in South Africa 2020

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that's less shocking I guess in the scheme of things accounting for the missing years prior to readmission, ODI scoring changes and the fact we've been top-heavy as heck for a millenia.

Still, get a middle order ****s.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Nice from Marnis.
But.....
If #4 makes a run-a-ball 100, a team total of 250 seems mediocre.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What the **** happened to Carey, his form with the bat fell off a cliff after the world cup.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah they probably were but still, I had not heard of too many 300+ scores in 50 over ODIs from the 80s. I remember as an 8 year old kid being told that when SL chased down 315 or whatever it was Zim set them in the 92 WC, it was like an impossible thing had happened.

For comparison, India scored 300 in a 50 over ODI first in 1996 or something at Sharjah. And we played SL pretty often back in the 80s too.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
We've reached the stage of desperation where Aaron finch has bowled himself for 2 overs, dark times.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
South Africa are shaping up really well in the one day stuff. Have a feeling they might go far in the t20 WC this year

Australia looking a suprisingly mediocre side in comparison. As good as Labuschagne's 100 was, I don't think he necessarily solves their problems as they struggle to score 300+ scores. Maxwell coming back will help ofc but then he is pretty inconsistent

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They don't do that well in JAMODIs but tend to turn it on in ICC tournaments, though they haven't done well in the WT20Is by their standards.

Still, I'd make them favourites since they're at home, not that the favourites tag means a whole lot in a T20 tournament.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa are shaping up really well in the one day stuff. Have a feeling they might go far in the t20 WC this year

Australia looking a suprisingly mediocre side in comparison. As good as Labuschagne's 100 was, I don't think he necessarily solves their problems as they struggle to score 300+ scores. Maxwell coming back will help ofc but then he is pretty inconsistent
T20 and odi are 2 completely different formats. Maxwell is one of the best t20I players in the world at the moment, averages 37 at a strike rate of 160. Australia is a different beast in T20, and we beat SA 2-1 without our arguable best player. Our middle order issues, atleast in T20, completely evaporate when maxwell replaces marsh/wade.