• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maxwell 12th man. Jfc. I give up on this sport.
I mean it's disappointing but if you expected more I'd be surprised. He's not an opener whereas Renshaw and Burns are so it's pretty obvious they'd come in, whereas Handscomb was on the original tour so it was clear he was rated ahead of him. Hard to find a place for Maxwell.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see that SA did not change the team.... right decision overall.

Also it was nice to see Faf and Paine chatting before the toss, and a laugh being shared. Hopefully this test gets played in a good spirit. Not sombre but also no vitriol. A bit afire would be good.

Bijed

International Regular
There is literally nothing Maxwell can do to get in.
I guess he'll come in for Khawaja/SMarsh if one/both of them have another bad match. Although I wouldn't be totally surprised if he randomly isn't in the squad for the next series.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess he'll come in for Khawaja/SMarsh if one/both of them have another bad match. Although I wouldn't be totally surprised if he randomly isn't in the squad for the next series.
Both should be gone for good if they fail here

Stefan9

International Debutant
I mean it's disappointing but if you expected more I'd be surprised. He's not an opener whereas Renshaw and Burns are so it's pretty obvious they'd come in, whereas Handscomb was on the original tour so it was clear he was rated ahead of him. Hard to find a place for Maxwell.
Drop Usman who has been awfull away from home again.