• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

Bolo

State Captain
SuperSport Comm Box has a good mix.

Saffers
Wessels
Pollock
Smith

Aussies
Border
Haysman
Julian
Warne to come

Neutral
Holding
Nicholas

Where is Pommie btw ? ICC WC qualifiers ?
It is a pretty good mix. My major grip with it is that just about everyone speaks in such a dull monotone that it's hard to tell them apart, and I actually need to actively concentrate on what they are saying to hear them or they become background noise.

Not sure where pommie is, but he would definitely help with this complaint.

MediumFast

Cricket Spectator
It doesn't quite work that way

In fairness, we haven't really dismissed AB yet though
Yes sure, but there is not much difference in skill level here. Let's consider a composite team:

Markram
Warner
Amla
Smith
De Villiers
Du Plessis
De Kock
Starc
Rabada
Lyon
Hazelwood

You still would consider at least 6 SA players here. Perhaps Philander for Starc on a lively deck.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Starc to de Kock, no run, the perfect yorker, quick on middle, swinging back late. But de Kock somehow gets bat on it, his front boot was in line too
this kind of commentary pisses me off. If it was perfect, then the **** would be out.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And QDK getting a nice 50 here... hopefully improves his confidence; gets him going for the rest of the series.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had no idea Haysman was Australian lol
Played for the Bays, same as the Chappells. Explains a lot.

Hell of a comeback by the Saffers has to be said.

EDIT: Haysman isn’t mentioned on the Glenelg Wiki. That’s funny.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Had no idea Haysman was Australian lol
South Australian nut.

Came to play rebels. Married a South African model and finished his career with a decent Northern Transvaal team who were a growing force in SA trying to compete with WP, EP, Natal and Transvaal. Suppose FS came in mid 80s top level and did well too.

I reckon he has lived in the States for a good 10 years now.

Last edited: