• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
I actually want to know what de Kock do wrong? Effectively he has been given a demerit point for sledging?
Yeah not just saying it for the sake of it but by the book he has walked off the field (said a few words in reply to what he was receiving) and walked into the dressing room.

Warners actions can only be punished for his aggression he showed off the field. Gilchrist said what if his team mates weren't there to stop him.

SeamUp

International Coach
Also a big claim but Michael Vaughan has said he has had word from the England players that Warner gets personal with his sledging.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also a big claim but Michael Vaughan has said he has had word from the England players that Warner gets personal with his sledging.
What's considered personal anyways? Family members is surely. What about weight or looks? Name? I'm sure de Kock's received plenty about his name.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I actually want to know what did de Kock do wrong? Effectively he has been given a demerit point for sledging?
video on cricinfo today and they claim incident was sparked by something QDK said to warner about his wife and that warner was not the instigator?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
video on cricinfo today and they claim incident was sparked by something QDK said to warner about his wife and that warner was not the instigator?
Well yeah, so effectively he's been given a demerit point for saying something about Warner's wife. That's obviously a crap thing to do. Is it a punishable offence though? Everyone seems to recall the your wife and my kids quip by Marsh and the reply by Botham quite fondly.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And just prior to that video shows Warner calling de Kock a 'sook'... bush pig etc. And if de Kock had just said nothing then we would hear nothing about anything, but QDK answering back and upsetting Warner has caused an offense for both parties?

I`m not saying that QDK was right, what I`m asking is did QDK just get a demerit point for sledging back? And I`m pretty sure he is not the only player on the field that did so during that test. So its all because Warner reacted violently that QDK has been punished?

SeamUp

International Coach
What's considered personal anyways? Family members is surely. What about weight or looks? Name? I'm sure de Kock's received plenty about his name.
Exactly. I think many people will not be effected by certain things and what is 'personal' is up to each individual.

Bush Pig, Sook, chirps about his sister and mother is what seemed to come from Warner according to SA management. At some stage QdK probably had enough.

This was Vaughan's reply to a Warne tweet

Vaughan

Correct Warney....but it’s clear plenty of personal nonsense has been spoken & the man in question I hear from many has been doing it for a while so I guess someone eventually was going to touch a nerve with a response ... #OnOn
Warne

Chat, banter, sledging has always been apart of any series between SA & Oz. Both sides always give it out. Respect is the key & I hope nothing personal was said to any player towards anyone from either side. Have a beer together afterwards & get on with it - stop the whinging !

GRAB

First Class Debutant
PE is normally host for some unseemly cricket... not the most exciting of cricket! I am actually interested to see how the PE crowd react though, normally a pretty laid back group of people.
Eh? The last SA vs Oz game at St. George's was great! Especially I was sat in the middle of the Aussie fans when Steyn cut loose in the 2nd innings.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Eh? The last SA vs Oz game at St. George's was great! Especially I was sat in the middle of the Aussie fans when Steyn cut loose in the 2nd innings.
The nature of the surface does not always lead to the most exciting of cricket is all I`m saying.... still have had some great games here.

Burner

International Regular
"The line" is basically 'I am going to abuse you for hours but don't you dare say anything that hurts me back.'

Burner

International Regular
The sad thing for both Warner and especially his wife is that because of this incident, both of them are never going to hear the end of it. This entire thing would have been a no-deal if Warner wasn't such a hothead.

max147

Cricket Spectator
I don't care who started it but I'm an Aussie & I think Warner has a big mouth & is as thick as a plank...

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warner's an ass for the constant sledging but opposition players should really keep away from wives ffs. There's no line but be more classy with your comebacks, that's all.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Warner's an ass for the constant sledging but all players should really keep away from wives ffs. There's no line but be more classy with your comebacks, that's all.
Ftfy...

and derogatory remarks, illness, personal disabilities, racism, etc etc etc.

Or maybe sledging should just be about cricket? I was fine with them giving Markram a hard time after ABdV was run out... not fine that they started swearing and calling QDK names.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
The problem with Warner is he seems to believe every cricket match must become a sledge show, only to get offended when the obvious outcome happens, i.e., a player on the receiving end of this sledging reciprocates. You insist, as Warner does, on continuous sledging and you only ever arrive at the same conclusion, the sport heading into the muck.

Case in point, did anyone see him shouting like an idiot when AB was run out?

Hideous little man.

Bolo

State Captain
If there was a line, I would draw it at anything personal not related to cricket. So calling someone a crap player would be fine, or fat (they are professional athletes).

Going after someone's wife in the Sarwan style is fine, cos it wasn't personal, but referencing a cheating wife isn't.

Cheating wife becomes fair play if you make it personal by going after a guys looks first though, and is understandable if you've spent the whole day being a tool first.