• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

wiff

First Class Debutant
To guys who have watched 70s/80s cricket. Were West Indian quicks actually more brutal than the MJ we are seeing now?
Been hitting the Nevada torpedoes (7.2%ffs) a bit too early last cupola nights. Got the taste for it when in the USA @ $10/6 pack. Is alcohol over taxed here? I believe a recent survey showed that more alcohol is consumed by the richer suburbs than the poorer ones. WTF? Alcohol is supposed to be the vice of the proletariat. Meet me outside parliament house on Tuesday for a booze up or not—your call.

To answer your question yes, but they had many. Sigh . . . if only Pattinson was fit.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
OMG, watched the highlights as couldnt watch live( this going to work thing really gets in the way of my cricket!) and Johnson was superb..His pace and accuracy with the short ball was phenomenal...

YorksLanka

International Debutant
To answer your question yes, but they had many. Sigh . . . if only Paterson was fit.
absolutely agree..Shri, if you havent seen it already, i would recommend you watch "Fire in Babylon" and find out about the four horsemen of the apocalypse...awesome..

Hooksey

Banned
Johnno the unstoppable force strikes again! Five an counting.

England probably getting something positive out of seeing Johnson and the Aussies cream somebody else.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is this already a better performance than anything Johnson produced in the Ashes? The thrill of the crowd behind him hasn't been here but it just looks inevitable what'll happen when he gets the ball

Riggins

International Captain
Been hitting the Nevada torpedoes (7.2%ffs) a bit too early last cupola nights. Got the taste for it when in the USA @ $10/6 pack. Is alcohol over taxed here? I believe a recent survey showed that more alcohol is consumed by the richer suburbs than the poorer ones. WTF? Alcohol is supposed to be the vice of the proletariat. Meet me outside parliament house on Tuesday for a booze up or not—your call.

To answer your question yes, but they had many. Sigh . . . if only Pattinson was fit.
jeez this is a great post. golden autumn

Hooksey

Banned
AB playing some good shots.

Johnno won't have forgotten Morkel from yesterday. Looking forward to his arrival at the crease a bit later on.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AB is batting well but Australia haven't bowled very well to him. Johnson really hasn't bowled a good short ball at him and doesn't even look like he's interested in doing so.