• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

cbuts

International Debutant
unfortunate for Ingram. He looked like he was maybe getting set, hadnt appeared to be in trouble

Sinclair in for McIntosh?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
So far this is bringing back awful memories of our first innings effort against Pakistan at the Basin earlier this year. And our first innings effort against India last year. And our first inning effort against England the year before that...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haven't won a match I've been to in Wellington.
Basin - Eng, Ind
Cake Tin - Ind (ODI) Australia (T20)

Crap there goes any hope.

Howsie

International Captain
I knew this was going to happen when I heard the batsmen talking about batting time. You win test matches by scoring runs ffs, not batting out 20 overs for 20 runs.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I new this was going to happen when I heard the batsmen talking about batting time. You win test matches by scoring runs ffs, not batting out 20 overs for 20 runs.
Actually you win Test matches by taking wickets and scoring runs.
You draw Test matches by batting time and praying for rain.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Guptill patting two full tosses in a row straight to cover really sums it up.

For all his class, Taylor really does have no ability to ride out any sustained pressure. He'll either hit a couple of boundaries and reverse the situation, or get out like he did today.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Damn Australia for declaring early. I am going to the cricket tomorrow and wanted to watch Watling and Taylor.
I am not sure I fancy watching Guptil scratch around. At least he is still in I guess.

I had high hopes for Watling. I am saddened by his duck.

I haven't read all of todays postings so Howsie may have already posted this - but interesting article on Williamson on the blackcaps web site

Williamson has three key attributes which Bradburn thinks the BLACKCAP selectors will be keeping their eyes on. “His defence is the corner stone of his game and is rock solid. His back foot play is second to none in this country and we know at international level this well be tested so Kane has worked hard to build a back foot game as a strength,” he said. “Kane’s ability to use his feet to spin will be a critical component to his success of the sub continent in time, firstly batting at five or six until he earns the right to bat at three. His off spin will also provide a perfect balance to Vettori’s left arm spin.”
I am not advocating his selection I am just following him with great interest. I have high hopes for him.

Last edited:

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Guptill patting two full tosses in a row straight to cover really sums it up.

For all his class, Taylor really does have no ability to ride out any sustained pressure. He'll either hit a couple of boundaries and reverse the situation, or get out like he did today.
You really do hate NZ don't you?

Craig

World Traveller
Damn Australia for declaring early. I am going to the cricket tomorrow and wanted to watch Watling and Taylor.
I am not sure I fancy watching Guptil scratch around. At least he is still in I guess.

I had high hopes for Watling. I am saddened by his duck.

I haven't read all of todays postings so Howsie may have already posted this - but interesting article on Williamson on the blackcaps web site

I am not advocating his selection I am just following him with great interest. I have high hopes for him.
I have a feeling that he will get a call up for the second Test. I would assume it would be in the place of Ingram (unless he scores big in his second knock). Personally, unless McIntosh gets a size able knock in his second innings, I would show him the door, but I don't think it will happen. I would rather give Broom, or even Sinclair a go then pick Williamson.

Flem274*

123/5
I have a feeling that he will get a call up for the second Test. I would assume it would be in the place of Ingram (unless he scores big in his second knock). Personally, unless McIntosh gets a size able knock in his second innings, I would show him the door, but I don't think it will happen. I would rather give Broom, or even Sinclair a go then pick Williamson.
If what we've seen so far this summer has any bearing, unless their name is James Franklin or Brendon Diamanti every player that gets picked gets persisted with.

Tbh while I'd probably put Broom in the middle order next, I wouldn't start recalling the likes of Marshall or Fulton ahead of Williamson.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, I meant the blackcaps, you just never seem to have anything positive to say
Well when Taylor left we were 4 down and trailing by 400. I'm not exactly sure how you can put a positive spin on something like that.